Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ask me about Subway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278526)

areinitz 12-08-2006 04:00 PM

Ask me about Subway

I have seen that there are a lot of mixed feelings about Subway. Since I manage one, I figured I could answear OOT's questions about it, if there are any. I love the food at Subway, thats prolly cause I get to make it myself and I get it for free.

recondite7 12-08-2006 04:05 PM

Re: Ask me about Subway

Why do I always feel sick after eating a 12 inch meatball sub?

Bicycles_Biatch 12-08-2006 04:07 PM

why is it on the Subway club you get 4-6 pieces of turkey but only two of those thin slices of Ham and/or Roast Beef... is the processed turkey way cheaper?

punkass 12-08-2006 04:10 PM

How is the quality of the meats? Say you had to compare at the supermarket.

This is location-specific since the one near me, the "sandwich artists" are super dumb. Do you have a lot of turnaround? When I ask for lettuce, onions, and sweet peppers, the guy looks confused and wants me to point at what I want on my sandwich.

The good thing about Subway, I will admit, is the bread. I love the cheesy one, and the oat one.

areinitz 12-08-2006 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

food allergys?? could be the way your local subway is handling/heating the meatballs, our meatballs are very cheap, atleast in my market we charge the same for them as for the veggie

Dan. 12-08-2006 04:11 PM

Why does the chipotle dressing always give me the runs? Is this a common problem? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It's just so good.

Edit: Do you feel Subway blatantly ripped of Quizno's toasted subs? And what's the deal with pizzas at subway?

thirddan 12-08-2006 04:12 PM

are there any meats/items that should be avoided at all costs?

lippy 12-08-2006 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it on the Subway club you get 4-6 pieces of turkey but only two of those thin slices of Ham and/or Roast Beef... is the processed turkey way cheaper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Footlong meat allocation;
turkey - 6 slices
ham - 8 slices
roast beef - 6 slices

Big Poppa Smurf 12-08-2006 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably because you just ate a foot of meatballs!

JMP300z 12-08-2006 04:14 PM

Has anyone ever complained about employees using nasty knifes (covered in all stuff) to cut their sandwhiches?

I love subway...specifically the roasted chicken honey oat american cheese + Sweet Onion sauce...but that chicken always looks suspicious, should i be worried?

also, this isnt so much a question as a comment, some subways are very very poorly managed and operated. The other day the subway was out of...straws, napkins, gloves, wrapping paper, half of its breads, green peppers, ham, ...i think that was it but it was pretty amazing to see them using plastic baggies on their hands and wrapping in wax paper.

-JP