Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz resources? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553878)

Toronto86er 11-25-2007 01:08 AM

Razz resources?

I'm taking up more and more razz lately but can't find much in terms of free resources online. I've heard Sklansky on Hold'em has a decent razz section, and a friend suggested a Full Tilt book (which I don't see being too great), but haven't picked either up yet.

So can anybody link me to some articles/threads or even reply with some info?

One of the things I have most trouble with is the odds needed to continue in a hand...

RustyBrooks 11-25-2007 01:11 AM

Re: Razz resources?

"Sklanksy on Poker" has a razz section, just to clear that up.

Post a few hands where you are not sure if you have the odds to continue, and you'll get decent responses.

Wetdog 11-25-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard Sklansky on Poker has a decent razz section

[/ QUOTE ]

This has an excellent razz section.

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I have most trouble with is the odds needed to continue in a hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Also included in Sklansky on Poker.

Toronto86er 11-25-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Sklanksy on Poker"

[/ QUOTE ]

errr that's what I meant [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Praxising 11-25-2007 01:48 AM

Just starting out, try Hellmuth's PPLP. The Razz section in the FT Strat Guide is a good little read, but aimed at tourny play. The "razz section" in Sklansky on Poker actually takes up over half the book and is the full text of a previous book now out-of-print titled, amazingly enough, Sklansky on Razz!

Google "Razz strategy" and you'll come up with some basic stuff. Your best bet: read this forum, search "razz" or just cruise through the posts with Razz in the title - almost every one is a hand history. By the time you've read, say, 20 of them, you'll probably have the basics.

Andy B 11-25-2007 02:23 AM

Read SOP and this board. The former is like way cheap, and this is free.

SGspecial 11-25-2007 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also included in Sklansky on Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually there are very few specific instances of pot odds discussed in SoP, especially if you want to play past 3rd st.

Wetdog 11-25-2007 03:32 AM

Yes, they are few, but key.

Toronto86er 11-25-2007 03:46 AM

Well I'm sure it's worth reading, anyways. Thanks for the replies. I'll post an analysis thread when I come to an interesting hand.

Wetdog 11-25-2007 03:11 PM

Typical of Sklansky, the book only gives a few examples of odds when you have seen (x) number of cards and (y) of your cards have been exposed then your odds of catching are (z)%. From the examples given a student can extrapolate the odds given other situations. Sklansky wants his students to think about the game and do some independent work. If one is merely given a complete odds chart, they have learned nothing.