Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL25 Blindsteal --> Draw --> Made Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503746)

Savaron 09-18-2007 12:13 PM

NL25 Blindsteal --> Draw --> Made Hand

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($27.25)
UTG ($22.25)
MP ($19.55)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($25.50)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($38.65)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, SB calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.95) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($7.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.95) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero ?

YanP 09-18-2007 12:25 PM

Re: NL25 Blindsteal --> Draw --> Made Hand

if you're going to blind steal you should make it $1 imo, also then you get more value from your big hands.
The more i use it the more the standard of 4XBB +1BB for every limper (and maybe through in more for early position)

as played its good, he fires a half pot and you pop it with your draw, but you're unlikely to take this down here, the pot is at 6 and he's only got to call 2$. If i'm him, i'm not folding anything i bet with there for 3-1. on the turn the pair is nice but the free card is prob nicer. on the river the bet is okish, maybe a touch weak for me (6 is better for bluffing and for value), if he thought you were stealing this the whole time, thiswould be a great place for him to raise.
but i call this here without knowing the guys a nit.

flameboy 09-18-2007 12:28 PM

Without read, I'm folding this on the river expecting the villain to have QT or JT with an outside chance of him outplaying me with QJ.

I don't think very many worse Tens would defend their SB and QJ is usually not playing that way.

He could be bluff raising your weak river bet but without a read I give this one up.

0524432 09-18-2007 12:30 PM

i feel like this is a bluff, he's trying to rep the T, which is extremely unlikely that you have. I just don't see what he can lead/call the flop with, check the turn (maybe AK), but then make such a large raise on the river (I can't see AK doing that, unless he doesnt understand almost nothing weaker puts $ in)

JimboNYY24 09-18-2007 12:31 PM

Well played now fold. If i called i expect to see Q10 a lot and sometimes J10 and rarer an A10 chasin the flopped gutshot.

CrAcK_N_CoKe 09-18-2007 12:51 PM

I call.

kokiri 09-18-2007 12:54 PM

I dunno, his line makes no sense to me at all. Does he really check the river with a full house when you checked behind the turn?

It's a big ugly bet to be calling, but i really struggle to understand how this can be a better hand. I think you're good at least the 1/3 you need to call but i feel a little sick doing it.

CrAcK_N_CoKe 09-18-2007 12:58 PM

Grow some balls and call this.U got runner runner trips , he can turn AJ into a bluff.He can value bet QJ.and he rarely think u got this freakin 10.Sometimes hes gonna do this with the full house , but sometimes hes gonna bluff with air or weak made hands here for sure.J10 is not a big part of his range since hes gonna bet it on the turn a lot.And sets really got to raise on flop a high percentage of the time.If he got the boat then NH to him but i still snap call.

Hail Eris 09-18-2007 01:04 PM

Pretty sure this is a fold. Villain's line really isn't that bad if he's got you beat. Your range is basically just air and hands that will valuebet this river when he checks twice. He was probably C/Ring turn.

Also, raise more on the flop and bet more on the river.

Keitan 09-18-2007 01:17 PM

Your bet-size on the river really messed this hand up for you imo. If you bet 6ish I would probably fold to the c/r. But 4 is so bluff inducing I really think it can go either way here so just go with your read of villain. If I've seen him make a bluff at the table I'm probably calling here. If he's a tighty I fold. Also the better he seems the more I'm inclined to call.