Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Foxwoods 2-5, sick semi-bluff? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=230882)

scatthecat 10-07-2006 07:27 PM

Foxwoods 2-5, sick semi-bluff?

Alright, this happened yesterday afternoon in the FW 2-5 NL game.

Seat 1: 20-something on serious tilt; recently lost a >1000 pot with 99 on a double-board paired 88-44 board to KK and thought that the KK had mucked; threw a serious temper tantrum for a good 20 minutes after the hand thinking he should have taken the pot.

Seat 4: Our humble hero.

Seat 7: The 2-5 regular who puts those little crystal penguins on his chip stacks; he's no slouch but he's as tight and by-the-book as they come.

Seat 10: I'm curious if anyone recognizes this guy; I think his name is Jack - he's an older hippy-sounding guy, he tends to take a couple minutes to analyze his decisions, and will often get sidetracked by just about any table talk. He's a huge LAG, and I recognized that his play was very effective at our table (he had between 4 and 5 g's on the table). He'd open roughly half of the pots for 25-35 and follow it up with some serious bets on the flop until the river. He had been running over the table for the past few hours.

Hero limps in for 5 in EP with A6 of clubs; 6 callers, BB raises to 30, and gets 3 callers (those noted above).

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets 60,

Hero calls,

Seat 7 Calls,

Seat 10 Calls

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB Checks

Hero goes all in for 270.

Thoughts? Reasonable Play?

How often does this take it down?

Bakes 10-07-2006 07:29 PM

Re: Foxwoods 2-5, sick semi-bluff?

No one is folding a K behind you, so its really [censored] especialy considering you could be drawing dead. Raise the flop next time.

thejerkface 10-07-2006 07:30 PM

I don't get it. Three other people saw the turn besides you. I think it's reasonable to assume one of them has a king.

scatthecat 10-07-2006 08:54 PM

Alright, the important part I left out is that in the 3-4 hours I had been sitting at the table, this was the first one I had played past the flop.

I thought that the best part about this play is that because of my image, no one out of these villains, except for the BB, can call without either a boat or AK, since they would certainly put me on at least AK.

Tilted BB is going to call with any K, but his somewhat small C-bet and check on the turn made me think this wasn't the case.

I'm not saying this was definitely a +EV play but I think that this factor comes into play.

Parlay Slow 10-07-2006 09:04 PM

no one with KT behind you is going to say, "wow this guy hasn't played a hand in 3-4 hours.. I better fold!"

live 2/5 NL don't work that way brotha

scatthecat 10-07-2006 09:24 PM

In general, no it doesn't.

The play was heavily dependent on these particular opponents.

PerDoom 10-07-2006 09:25 PM

Why didn't you just shove the flop?

Parlay Slow 10-07-2006 09:25 PM

ok then yeah it was sickkkkkk semi bluff

soah 10-07-2006 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one with KT behind you is going to say, "wow this guy hasn't played a hand in 3-4 hours.. I better fold!"

live 2/5 NL don't work that way brotha

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen people make ridiculously sick (incorrect) laydowns at live 2/5. Flopped jack high flushes, bottom set on a dry flop, non-nut two-card straights on non-flush unpaired boards, etc.

dangerfish 10-07-2006 10:00 PM

Exactly, don't overestimate how good these guys are at making player specific reads. I don't play live much but when I do I spend the whole drive home saying "I can't believe how f*** bad these guys are.