Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL50 6m - River Bluff; What would you do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450887)

hennnerz 07-14-2007 11:06 AM

NL50 6m - River Bluff; What would you do?

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $49.50
CO: $69.65
Button: $54.65
SB: $78.47
BB: $64.18

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($12, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($12, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $44
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 10c 10h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows 5s Qs</font>

Villain is odd, runs 48/11/2.1. He has the exact hand I put him on. I want him to put me on bigger kicker/ an 8. Is it spew to bluff this guy or not? As played are bet sizes ok?

ajml 07-14-2007 11:13 AM

Re: NL50 6m - River Bluff; What would you do?

It's a huge spew, I would probably second barrel this turn then c/f river. I could even see shutting down after the flop. I hate this on the river

Genz 07-14-2007 11:18 AM

I flat call the river. Hoping that someone puts you on a bigger kicker and investing money on that hope alone is spewing on uNL.

hennnerz 07-14-2007 11:22 AM

Im c-betting that flop every time against this villain. Can you go into more detail about why this is spew here? I understand that they may just be calling stations but a little more info please. Cheers.

sightless 07-14-2007 11:34 AM

trying to make a donk fold top pair is a bad idea ):

i still do it often though

Genz 07-14-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im c-betting that flop every time against this villain. Can you go into more detail about why this is spew here? I understand that they may just be calling stations but a little more info please. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about the river. Flop is standard. You often have the best hand here. Against a callling station, I often bet the turn for value.

hennnerz 07-14-2007 12:13 PM

Yeah sorry I misread another post. So if your firing another bet on the turn here do you close down totally after that yeh?

Might this play be more effective against either:
a) NL100 players
b) 30/10/2.5 players

Also what specifically is spew, just betting into a donk? Or bad board to do it on? more?

pixz 07-14-2007 12:25 PM

i would have bet more on the flop (4.5$-5$)
Dont like river, villain with those stats cant be bluffed.

Genz 07-14-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah sorry I misread another post. So if your firing another bet on the turn here do you close down totally after that yeh?
<font color="blue"> Yes. Basically. But I will fire that bet only, when I have seen him go to showdown with bottom pair or something before. Not against an unknown. </font>
Might this play be more effective against either:
a) NL100 players
b) 30/10/2.5 players
<font color="blue"> Hm. From what I've seen, it's not that on 100NL players will give your river raise more respect all of a sudden. I would like the play more if the top board card paired and it wasn't a Q, more a T or 9. Because after your raise preflop, it's unlikely that someone will believe you a set of Qs (because you didn't bet the turn) or an 8. You basically represent nothing. Why would you check the turn with a big pair like AA, KK on a ragged board like that? You would have bet it for value. So I don't like this play in general, really. </font>

Also what specifically is spew, just betting into a donk? Or bad board to do it on? more?
<font color="blue"> No, I think the flop bet is standard and it's good board to do it. As I said: a true calling station will be bet for value on at least one more street (most likely the turn as I can hope for a free SD when called and pretty easily fold to a river lead) and the river play is a bluff that is mostly based on pure aggression and most players won't believe you've an 8 but AK or whatever. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]