Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Married Men: How often do you remove your ring? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326083)

SamIAm 02-07-2007 02:49 PM

Married Men: How often do you remove your ring?

I'm getting married in September, and have started looking at rings. Unfortunately, I seem to have a size11 knuckle on my size10 finger. If I put on a 10.5 ring, there's a little effort to get it on, and then it rattles on my finger. (And then there's a lot more effort to get it off.) If I get a ring that doesn't move when I shake my hand, it'll be a real pain to remove. (My fiance thinks this is hilarious.)

So, my question is: How often am I going to want to take this off? I'm left-handed, so this is my dominant hand. Will I just have to get used to a wiggling ring, or get used to having this metal permanently welded to my hand?
-Sam

Edit for Extra Info: I lift weights pretty regularly. I cook a lot. I don't do much hard mechanical work: maybe once a month. I'll be 28 when I put this ring on.

Scary_Tiger 02-07-2007 02:52 PM

Re: Married Men: How often do you remove your ring?

Um, stop wearing it after the honeymoon. Your wife probably has a jewelry box you can keep it in.

DrewDevil 02-07-2007 02:55 PM

I take it off when I work out because it was a real nuisance when lifting weights.

Wear it on your wedding day, then take it off permanently. Plus, easier to cheat on your wife!

Los Feliz Slim 02-07-2007 02:57 PM

I take mine off when I sleep. I have a similar issue, and I have a really loose ring.

samjjones 02-07-2007 02:58 PM

I only wear mine for special occasions.

RayPowers 02-07-2007 02:58 PM

Nearly never, but if its your dominant hand, I could see the issue.

Ray

dcasper70 02-07-2007 03:00 PM

I rarely take it off.
When I do, it's usually just to spin it on a table or something mindless like that. Back on within a minute.

offTopic 02-07-2007 03:01 PM

I constantly take it off and fiddle with it. We both take them off when we play golf. I imagine I'll lose it eventually, but as long as she doesn't, it's all good.

Zurvan 02-07-2007 03:01 PM

Sam - I have the same problem. My ring wiggles constantly. You do get used to it pretty quickly.

I only take mine off to shower and wash dishes. Water + soap + loose ring = me paranoid it's going to fly off.

Yads 02-07-2007 03:03 PM

I have the same problem as you, but don't find it too annoying. I take mine off and play with it a lot though.