Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520297)

MaxWeiss 10-10-2007 10:09 PM

Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report???

I just find him obnoxious and boring, and half the show the "news" is just about himself. I really enjoy comedy news stuff, and at least Stewart's show actually has relevant news during most of it.

As much as Family Guy reruns on the Cartoon Network aren't as great the 20th time, they're at least entertaining.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Stephen Colbert and the Colbert Report?? What's the appeal???? Clearly I am missing something and am stupid, but I just don't see it.

schundler 10-10-2007 10:12 PM

Re: Does anybody else dislike the Colbert Report???

[ QUOTE ]
I just find him obnoxious and boring, and half the show the "news" is just about himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's the point. He's satirizing the news shows of right-wing pundits, especially O'Reilly.

Paulie Walnuts 10-10-2007 10:13 PM

I'm on your side bud.

Lottery Larry 10-10-2007 10:15 PM

I guess you missed the interview where he tried to get Osama protection as an oppressed gay man?

Case Closed 10-10-2007 10:15 PM

I really enjoy his show and think that his showing being after the daily show really shows how horrible Jon Stewart's show is becoming.

WhoIam 10-10-2007 10:35 PM

I enjoy the show, but it just seems like an SNL skit that got turned into a regular show. It's a one-note joke: having to satirize Bill O'Reilly for the whole program really limits what directions it can take.

g-bebe 10-10-2007 10:36 PM

Colbert really does go overboard on the sarcasm but that's what makes him funny. everything is a satire with him... though at times I do get tired of him too

Zefa 10-10-2007 10:50 PM

I find that half the people I talk to who say they don't like the Colbert Report don't even understand the concept of the satire he applies to his show and don't understand that he is playing as a character.

React1oN 10-10-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find that half the people I talk to who say they don't like the Colbert Report don't even understand the concept of the satire he applies to his show and don't understand that he is playing as a character.

[/ QUOTE ]lol

If you do understand it, I don't really see how he can not be funny.

keepitreal 10-10-2007 10:59 PM

OP, what are your thoughts on the daily show?