Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ask me about : coming out (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482957)

Heavens_Myst 08-21-2007 05:48 PM

Re: Ask me about : coming out *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 05:48 PM

Re: Ask me about : coming out

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you even know what amoral means? It means having no morality at all.

That is to say very few educated people believe that retardations from birth have any sort of good/evil associated with them.

That is to say, when a person is born with no arms, they are retarded, but they are not evil because they have no arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. I assumed that because of the utter redundancy of the qualifier 'amoral' you were misusing the word.

Egg on our face.

Somebody quote this too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understood what you meant once you explained it, but my point that it's moronic still stands. The only argument supporting any form of retardation would be that it inhibits breeding, which is false b/c while it may inhibit there desire for recreational intercourse w/ women, they are still perfectly capable of breeding.

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you believe you were born gay, which most gay people seem to, do you consider yourself retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

any particular reason he should consider himself retarded? Perhaps b/c he doesnt live the way it says to in a book featuring creationism (LOL!), Noah saving every single species of animal inhabiting the earth on an ark, virgin birth, and a man being swallowed by a whale and surviving? Assuming you believe in Christianity, which most anti-homosexual bigots do, do you consider yourself retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you consider yourself retarded that you don't realise a lot of Christians think that those stories are allegories or parable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Define 'a lot'.

So you're a christian but you don't believe in God?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol no, I believe in God, I just believe a lot of the stories (especially Old Testement ones) obviously aren't factual and are more allegorical. They were written thousands of years ago ffs and passed down by word of mouth, embellished, elaborated upon etc etc, of course they're not literal.

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
retarded people dont have a choice

gay people do imo that makes them worse than even me

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming that you're right (dont go out of your way to show anything crazy like "evidence" or even "loose empirical support") what makes them worse than you? the fact that they made a different choice than you? Do you feel the same way about people who like foods that disgust you?

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you believe you were born gay, which most gay people seem to, do you consider yourself retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

any particular reason he should consider himself retarded? Perhaps b/c he doesnt live the way it says to in a book featuring creationism (LOL!), Noah saving every single species of animal inhabiting the earth on an ark, virgin birth, and a man being swallowed by a whale and surviving? Assuming you believe in Christianity, which most anti-homosexual bigots do, do you consider yourself retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you consider yourself retarded that you don't realise a lot of Christians think that those stories are allegories or parable?

[/ QUOTE ]

so who gets to pick which parts of it are to be taken word-for-word and which parts are allegory/parable? Im pretty sure creationism and the virgin birth are pretty popular among most sects of Christianity. Or do you mean that they view the Christmas story as a parable as well? B/c it would be one hell of a coincidence that Jesus happened to be born/the biggest holiday of the religion happens to coincide w/ pretty much the same holiday pagans were celebrating thousands of years before Jesus was born. Christians love to quote the bible to condemn someone but then turn around and play off the parts they cant explain as the parts that you arent supposed to take literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its a book about morality and spirituality not a historical document.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not according to conservative christian theology...

[/ QUOTE ]

Chump Change 08-21-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Define 'a lot'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol no, I believe in God, I just believe a lot of the stories (especially Old Testement ones) obviously aren't factual and are more allegorical. They were written thousands of years ago ffs and passed down by word of mouth, embellished, elaborated upon etc etc, of course they're not literal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, such as methuselah and the like.

I don't want to hijack this thread further. The stuff with UT is discussing homosexuality so it's at least on topic, though a full on religious discussion would be out of hand.

UATrewqaz 08-21-2007 05:52 PM

People are born with down syndrome. This is fact.

People are born gay. (some dispute this but for the sake of argument let's say this is fact)

Are people born with down syndrome retarded? If yes/no then why?
Are people born gay retarded? If yes/no then why?

futuredoc85 08-21-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Define 'a lot'.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok but according to christian theology these stories came straight from God to the authors. surely you see the conflict? you (not you personally b/c i havent seen you do it) can't use one part of a book to condemn others and then write off the parts of the same book that dont add up by saying "you arent supposed to take it literally."

Jay Riall 08-21-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gay people do imo that makes them worse than even me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol your an ass if your serious.

Chump Change 08-21-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gay people do