Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Hand is dead in sng if you are not in your seat? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451666)

DMC0627 07-15-2007 02:25 PM

Hand is dead in sng if you are not in your seat?

Posted in wrong forum, meant to post in B&M.

I have so much to learn. Question in a sng at Foxwoods last night. Blinds 200/400 antes in effect, six handed. One guy at the table is acting badly, slamming his fist when he loses a pot, making comments about what he considers to be bad bets/calls, etc. Everyone else is cool, polite, having fun. One guy runs to bathroom and comes back, as he is sitting down the cards are being dealt.

He drops something, stands up to get it as the last card is dealt. It is folded around to rude guy, who is in the small blind to this guy who is in the bb. He doesn't look at his cards, announces all in and "your hand is dead" to the guy who dropped something. The guy looks at his cards, and is thinking about a call (he knows the sb didn't even look). SB insists he wasn't in his seat so hand is dead. He has bb covered by approx 200 in chips. Another guy wants to call the floor, BB says never mind and mucks face up (jack 6 os).

SB goes on and on about how it wasn't up to BB, hand was dead, floor would have backed him up, etc. etc. Floor doesn't come since hand is over but sb is continuing to talk about it. Later on I knock over chips (I was to immediate right of guy who stood up when he dropped something) and he helps restack. I say thanks, rude guy starts about how you don't touch another players chips. I say, no big deal he was helping. He goes off on me about how "its a rule" its not up to me whether it bothers me or not.

I am happy to say rude guy bubbled. Help with these rules though, is this guy just being a jerk or are these 2 things true. If I stand up while a hand is being dealt can it be called dead? Is it bad ettiquette to help someone restack chips? Still so new. Sorry so long.

Wayneo 07-15-2007 02:38 PM

Re: Hand is dead in sng if you are not in your seat?

The guy is being a total jerk.

isapistola 07-15-2007 02:38 PM

how about asking the floor?

hellmuth88 07-15-2007 02:42 PM

tl;dr

brandofo 07-15-2007 02:43 PM

punch SB in the groin for me

killsadie 07-15-2007 02:58 PM

the dead hand thing is just being super nitty, but someone who isnt you, touching your chips, is a BIG nono.

MaxRaises 07-15-2007 02:58 PM

Use handgun to your advantage.