Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help me find a new car (20kish) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458427)

TruFloridaGator 07-23-2007 01:47 PM

Help me find a new car (20kish)

I'm looking for a new or used car that's around 20k. I'm willing to pay a bit more if it's really the car I want but I'd be happy with a car that is cheaper if it means getting a quality car. Ideally I'd like this car to last me 6years+
Gas/Insurance is a fairly big concern because I'll be on a budget when school starts again & my insurance isn't pretty I'd like everyone's opinions on some of these cars plus maybe some new/used cars I may have overlooked.

So far I am looking at:
New:
Honda Civic EX or LX(07 or 08) - great on gas and I love the newer look. I currently have a 97 EX so I love the familiarity. I test drove the stick and wasn't very excited about the pick up but I knew that coming in. Everything else about I love, especially the gas mileage.

07 or 08 Honda Civic Si - I loved driving this car and I'd be willing to pay a bit extra but this is going to make my insurance nutso plus it takes premium gas. Doesn't sound like it's realistic.

07 or 08 VW Rabbit - I was totally surprised and impressed by how this car drove but I'm not in love with how it looks. I like the 4 door a bit more style wise. The rest of the car is amazing for the value though, this thing blows anything away pick-up/speed wise with the I5 & the torque compared to anything in its class. Comes with almost everything standard. Gas mileage is a concern though & I've read some things saying it's even worse than the estimates.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer - I like the new body & everything about the specs, haven't test drove it yet

Used:
2002-2006 Acura RSX Type-S
Any older years of the Acura TSX but on the more expesnive side
Older Mini Cooper S

This is just where I've got started, looking for a few more ideas.

XXXNoahXXX 07-23-2007 01:49 PM

Re: Help me find a new car (20kish)

[fluffpop] get a super cool Scion tC!! [/fluffpop]

A S U 07-23-2007 01:53 PM

I currently shopping cars and i'm in this price range also. I going with a Civic LX coupe myself. Can't beat the reliability and gas mileage. Plus as you said the new body style is pretty nice.

mattnxtc 07-23-2007 02:00 PM

Saturn Aura...one of the higher rated cars overall this year. Ive heard nothign but great things about this car.

TruFloridaGator 07-23-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saturn Aura...one of the higher rated cars overall this year. Ive heard nothign but great things about this car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard the same thing, but I think it's a tad on the expensive side for what it offers. If I went in that price range I'd probably get like a used TSX or similar.

omgitsmatt 07-23-2007 06:57 PM

The new Lancer is pretty cool, and significantly sportier than the non-Si Civic. I'd say go with that.

DLKeeper1 07-23-2007 06:59 PM

asian cars ftw

The Yugoslavian 07-23-2007 07:01 PM

honda lx

Yugoslav

mason55 07-23-2007 07:07 PM

Maybe we should open up a new forum for all the car related questions in OOT?

mason55 07-23-2007 07:08 PM

Or maybe..

Cars, Bikes, Boats etc (stuff with engines)