Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AJs cold call and scary flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541109)

Daniel Magix 11-08-2007 01:46 PM

Re: AJs cold call and scary flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
:g:

I believe I play this the same - vs. an unknown, I don't wanna put 3 bets in with this hand, but I can't fold it with position either.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's open-raising from 3 off the button. Even if he's a bit on the tight side preflop, you're only a small underdog versus his range. If he's laggy, you're about even or have a small edge. With good position and the chance to knock out the blinds, creating dead money in the pot, I'm 3-betting this most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I didn't realize this was 6-handed. Or does that not even matter to you guys saying to 3bet?

Fadook 11-08-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I didn't realize this was 6-handed. Or does that not even matter to you guys saying to 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely matters. You're a much bigger underdog to an UTG raise in a full-ring game. I'd just call in that case.

Aaron W. 11-08-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It definitely matters. You're a much bigger underdog to an UTG raise in a full-ring game. I'd just call in that case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like coldcalling as the second player into the pot. If it were an UTG raise, I'd either 3-bet or fold. You're not getting the multiway action you want to play for a big flush, and you've got a hand that will play much better heads up (if you think you're ahead of villain's range). Against a player whose PFR is less than 10, I'd just let it go.

neurotiq 11-08-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like coldcalling as the second player into the pot. If it were an UTG raise, I'd either 3-bet or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone mentioned this. I'm not a shorthanded player, so I didn't really feel like I could offer anything meaningful to this thread.

But I don't really like cold calling in general, and kept wondering if this was a concern in 6max. Glad to see I wasn't too far off the mark. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

knockonwood 11-08-2007 06:07 PM

hmmmm...didnt see this was 6max. Yeah, 3bet PF. Ignore my above post.

Gib 11-08-2007 06:13 PM

Raise PF & lead flop. If c/r'ed well it looks to me like u can fold that turn.

Bulletproof Monk 11-08-2007 11:17 PM

all three options are fine preflop.... tbh if im just new at a table i strongly consider folding (zomg flames)

flop and turn play are good and standard