Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   fire 2nd barrel? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548738)

nazahl 11-18-2007 02:49 AM

fire 2nd barrel?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $197
SB: $287
BB: $200
UTG: $506.60
Hero (MP): $197
CO: $55.60

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $8

Flop: ($23) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG calls $18

Turn: ($59) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero???

ultimate scare card for villain but also I pick up the nut flush draw. betting should fold out all villains one pair hands but if he c/rs big I have to fold my draw. so w/ that in mind, check or bet?

also, take into account that against like 87s, I have 15 outs

BevillTheDevil 11-18-2007 03:05 AM

Re: fire 2nd barrel?

no reads on villian??? But typically i like a 2nd barrel here. Like u said the A is a scare card plus u pick up some outs and most the time a check on 2 streets from villian=weakness.

Dire 11-18-2007 03:06 AM

Reads are helpful. I'd almost always fire again though. Your FE here is alot higher than your actual equity - and you're only concerned about getting check raised which isn't going to be happening too often (again a read helps).

ManChild 11-18-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads are helpful. I'd almost always fire again though. Your FE here is alot higher than your actual equity - and you're only concerned about getting check raised which isn't going to be happening too often (again a read helps).

[/ QUOTE ]

nazahl 11-18-2007 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sorry no read. just got to the table and never seen the big stack before, probably just a random saturday night clown

LiveNow 11-18-2007 04:14 AM

This is a good spot to fire a second barrell for sure. You'd do it with air no?

nazahl 11-18-2007 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good spot to fire a second barrell for sure. You'd do it with air no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, with air its a super easy bet.

but now that I picked up outs to the nuts, it can be a good spot to check behind since there is a chance villain just made 2 pair or is sandbagging the flop with a set. it sucks to get raised off a decent draw on the turn, especially when youre in position to take a free card.

LiveNow 11-18-2007 04:20 AM

yeah i realize why you want to check behind. I just think he folds so much to your turn bet that it's still more profitable to bet turn.

therockofgibraltar 11-18-2007 05:02 AM

reads on villain? A is a scare card but if villain is any good he knows this and wont fold his 1p hands. That aint necessary a bad thing because you want to build the pot if you hit, and he wont c/r you with 1p hands. Anyway, getting c/r sucks because then your only outs are FD and you probably cant call.

I check against aggro/thinking players. Bet against normal ppl. (means: usually just bet)

jordiepop 11-18-2007 05:12 AM

reads are important here, but this is a great card for u a good spot to db imo