Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   who does tOSU play in the title game? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559018)

barryc83 12-02-2007 12:14 AM

Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
barry, I think most people who have watched UF the last couple weeks and UGA also would consider UF a favorite over UGA at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am completely unbiased here. I don't like/dislike either UGA or UF.

UF would have won if Tebow could run and wasn't hurt? LMFAO, when you have a running QB he's gonna get nicked, especially when he runs like a FB. That's a piss poor excuse, and lame in general. Tebow's gonna always be nicked up at the end of ever year when he's always getting hit like he does.

UF deserves to be ahead of UGA in the polls? Not only did UGA beat UF, but they also have 1 less loss. WHy would they ever be ahead of UGA?

UF would smack down UGA if they played right now? Yeah right, it would be a close game and the home team would be favored in the game. Neutral site and UGA is favored IMO.

UGA definitely, 100%, without question deserves to be ahead of UF. Florida did lose 3 games this year remember? They are far from being this unstoppable team that the other guy was trying to imply.

ADLinden 12-02-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Details of this thayer bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

thay3r bet $100 at 100:1 at the start of the year that a 2 loss team gets to the title game

[/ QUOTE ]

with like a sports book?

sick though.

DVaut1 12-02-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other is the Big11Ten champion and hasn't played in like 2 months.

Moving up from #9 or whatever to #2 without playing a single game is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU played 2 weeks ago, today. They were #5 after they beat Michigan. I [censored] hate OSU but OSU getting to the title game is not a good reason to criticize college football when there are other, much more glaring, ridiculous things to criticize college football about.

SoloAJ 12-02-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is Va Tech even in this argument? Did the game between LSU and Va Tech not happen? If voters are torn between the two, they could just look at their head-to-head matchup for guidance.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were rated higher going into this week. No idea why it would somehow change after a day when they both beat about equal teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this does is justify past bad decisions, like putting VT ahead of LSU to begin with. Let's give voters the benefit of the doubt and allow them to reconsider.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was sort of my point. People jumping on me saying I'm an idiot are missing my point. Glad you saw it.

That said, VTech was a wayyyy different team back then...I don't personally think VTech deserves it more, but I can see the argument.

ADLinden 12-02-2007 12:19 AM

i love college sports.

Austiger 12-02-2007 12:20 AM

Please stop the VT nonsense. A 2-loss team from the worst of the major conferences that lost by 40+ to another team in the argument?

SoloAJ 12-02-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
barry, I think most people who have watched UF the last couple weeks and UGA also would consider UF a favorite over UGA at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am completely unbiased here. I don't like/dislike either UGA or UF.

UF would have won if Tebow could run and wasn't hurt? LMFAO, when you have a running QB he's gonna get nicked, especially when he runs like a FB. That's a piss poor excuse, and lame in general. Tebow's gonna always be nicked up at the end of ever year when he's always getting hit like he does.

UF deserves to be ahead of UGA in the polls? Not only did UGA beat UF, but they also have 1 less loss. WHy would they ever be ahead of UGA?

UF would smack down UGA if they played right now? Yeah right, it would be a close game and the home team would be favored in the game. Neutral site and UGA is favored IMO.

UGA definitely, 100%, without question deserves to be ahead of UF. Florida did lose 3 games this year remember? They are far from being this unstoppable team that the other guy was trying to imply.

[/ QUOTE ]

barry, I realize that most of your post wasn't directed at me...but the bolded part is really the only time you directly responded to me. I wasn't arguing against most of what you just typed out, personally. And I happen to disagree with you on that.

I was just saying that I think that most people would consider UF a favorite over UGA right now.

rigged81 12-02-2007 12:20 AM

There will never be a year in the current system that a undefeated big ten champ or in a cluster **** like this year wont wont make the NCG. Take that to thank bank

Kos13 12-02-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love college sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since your gay school walks into the NC because they didn't play anybody all year.

<font color="white">But hey, go Tribe!</font>

Riverman 12-02-2007 12:22 AM

It's going to be LSU/tOSU.

ADLinden 12-02-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love college sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since your gay school walks into the NC because they didn't play anybody all year.

<font color="white">But hey, go Tribe!</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

yes Go Tribe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Billy Bibbit 12-02-2007 12:23 AM

Question: If Va. Tech had lost by 40 to a mediocre team like Florida State instead of a Top 5 team like LSU, would people be more likely to consider them for the MNC?

DVaut1 12-02-2007 12:23 AM

Too bad Oklahoma can't get a do-over for the 4th quarter of that Colorado game.

barryc83 12-02-2007 12:23 AM

To all the UF fanboys,

What has UF done lately to be so certain that UF&gt;UGA? Has UGA not looked impressive lately to you?

Ghazban 12-02-2007 12:24 AM

This has been an awesome regular season that will be followed by the crappiest bowl season ever. Basically everybody sucks this year. I think Hawaii should play just because they're the only undefeated team left. They beat everybody that lined up against them-- what more can you ask?

Mediocre_Player 12-02-2007 12:24 AM

this is such a gongshow i don't even know what to say

i think it has to be LSU but i don't like it.

IF for some reason VaTech gets it and UGA ends up in the rose bowl, do we have a chance for one of the polls to go nuts and go against the BCS winner, putting the rose bowl winner #1 in the final poll? or is that not allowed anymore?

dawade 12-02-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or is the media really pushing for LSU/OSU?

dlk9s 12-02-2007 12:24 AM

Any team that loses a game by 41 points should not have a chance to be national champ.

Seriously. You can't be the best team in college football if you lost by almost six touchdowns.

Kos13 12-02-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: If Va. Tech had lost by 40 to a mediocre team like Florida State instead of a Top 5 team like LSU, would people be more likely to consider them for the MNC?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. A loss to an unranked/mediocre team is okay, but getting blown out would be terrible.

And I think you could apply this argument to OU after the Texas Tech game. So USC/LSU.

barryc83 12-02-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or is the media really pushing for LSU/OSU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not you.

SoloAJ 12-02-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

What has UF done lately to be so certain that UF&gt;UGA? Has UGA not looked impressive lately to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

UF just strikes me as relatively unstoppable as healthy as they are right now and how they're playing. Shrug.

I wouldn't mind seeing Georgia in the title game. I think it would help get a playoff and I think they would absolutely crush tOSU. Success.

DVaut1 12-02-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other important part of the "Va Tech lost by 40 argument" is that if Va Tech got sent to the national title game, they would be leapfrogging the team they lost by 40 to and has a similar resume. So had Va Tech lost to a mediocre team by 40, it would almost be better for them. The h2h matchup with LSU should make it pretty clear to voters which team is better. I realize they got it wrong last week and the current rankings reflect that. But now they get a second chance.

ajmargarine 12-02-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been an awesome regular season that will be followed by the crappiest bowl season ever. Basically everybody sucks this year. I think Hawaii should play just because they're the only undefeated team left. They beat everybody that lined up against them-- what more can you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

yesyesyes

HAWAII v KU.
BCS implode.
???
8 team Playoff

DVaut1 12-02-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. You can't be the best team in college football if you lost by almost six touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since the team in question who administered the beatodwn is also among the best in college football and would get left out if VaTech got sent.

barryc83 12-02-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

[/ QUOTE ]

UF just strikes me as relatively unstoppable as healthy as they are right now and how they're playing. Shrug.

I wouldn't mind seeing Georgia in the title game. I think it would help get a playoff and I think they would absolutely crush tOSU. Success.

[/ QUOTE ]

FAir enough, I wasnt calling you out either. You take UF I take UGA, its all good.

I know you didnt say this, but I dont see how any logical human being could have UGA below UF in the polls though.

dawade 12-02-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Tebow be 100% for the bowl game?

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

SoloAJ 12-02-2007 12:30 AM

I wouldn't ever say that UF should be above UGA in the polls the way it panned out. Obviously though, I think that UF is the better team right now in terms of how they're playing. I'm pretty sure that UF could win a national championship against anyone the way they're playing right now. As it is, they're starting to be lined up for a bowl game with Wisconsin or something.

Bleh.

Edge34 12-02-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah...I'm just going to throw out a vote for a USC/LSU National Championship. Ohio State hasn't done [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tolerate this.

USC plays in a better conference than OSU, they lost two games by a combined 11 points this year (one on the road against Oregon) and beat Arizona State by 20 in Tempe. USC deserves the title game much more than Ohio State, and I don't think its all that close.

damaniac 12-02-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

Riverman 12-02-2007 12:32 AM

lol Herbie

"LES MILES IS GOING TO MICHIGAN AND BRINGING THE ST D COORINATOR"

whoops

"LSU SHOULD BE IN THE TITLE GAME!!!!!!!!!"

Billy Bibbit 12-02-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So had Va Tech lost to a mediocre team by 40, it would almost be better for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why the H2H argument is flawed. Losing to a mediocre team should never be &gt; losing to a really good team. Other things being equal you'd put LSU above Va. Tech because of that game, but other things aren't equal. LSU lost at home to a crap team with everything on the line, and Va. Tech killed all the bad teams they played.

That being said I'd probably still put LSU slightly ahead of Va. Tech but I definitely think Va. Tech &gt; Georgia, USC and Oklahoma.

pirateboy 12-02-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately for your argument, college football isn't a 1 game season.

iggymcfly 12-02-2007 12:33 AM

Here's my Top Ten right now:

1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. USC
4. LSU
5. Missouri
6. Kansas
7. Georgia
8. Florida
9. Virginia Tech
10. Arizona State

I have no idea why Oklahoma's not even in the discussion here. They've beat an otherwise 11-0 Missouri team twice, the second by a very impressive margin, and their only losses came on the road in a letdown game and on the road with their starting QB out. At full power, they've been utterly dominant and I'd expect them to be favored by at least a FG over the Buckeyes.

critikal 12-02-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have Kansas in there, They are the only other 1 loss team.

Can a team go to the title game if they didn't win their conference?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, teams who dont win their conference can go to the title game, which is one of about 5000 reasons the bcs is a [censored] joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Your argument makes no sense. A playoff system would put a non-conference winner as the national champion far more often then the bcs system does.

Troll_Inc 12-02-2007 12:35 AM

I have no idea why you think Ohio State is higher than 5th?

pirateboy 12-02-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my Top Ten right now:

1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. USC
4. LSU
5. Missouri
6. Kansas
[b]7. Georgia
8. Florida
9. Virginia Tech
10. Arizona State

I have no idea why Oklahoma's not even in the discussion here. They've beat an otherwise 11-0 Missouri team twice, the second by a very impressive margin, and their only losses came on the road in a letdown game and on the road with their starting QB out. At full power, they've been utterly dominant and I'd expect them to be favored by at least a FG over the Buckeyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, LSU's SOS &gt;&gt;&gt; OU's SOS.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

DVaut1 12-02-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why Oklahoma's not even in the discussion here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I disagree that Oklahoma should be in the discussion, but the quality-of-opponents who they lost to (Colorado especially) is much worse than the other teams in the discussion (LSU, OSU, Georgia).

ClassicBob 12-02-2007 12:36 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] iggymcfly