Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cake/Betus Scam-- Class Action Suit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556904)

rakemeplz 11-29-2007 07:35 AM

Re: Cake/Betus Scam-- Class Action Suit

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that eliminated players weren't refunded their buyins too?

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted 4tw.

Innocent Kitty 11-29-2007 10:07 AM

Calling Adanthar.

salesbeast 11-29-2007 10:51 AM

No buy ins where refunded...I assumed they had but I just checked the numbers and golly gee wouldn't you know....nadda. Another reason why smoking weeeeeeeeed and poker should not mix...JHS(*&#(*&()*^@#!Y!OI@!!!!

TWCReborn 11-29-2007 10:03 PM

Well, I wouldn't know about other such posts. Are you implying these things did not happen at Betus/Cake? Anyhow, what you point out, is in this case not due to me creating some new account to post about this topic solely. I have been playing poker for quite a while now, but I have never had the desire to join a forum until I started taking going pro more seriously. The correlation you see merely has to do with me playing a lot more online poker and at the same time joining 2+2 for the first time (they have the same causes of me taking poker more seriously). Besides, if I wanted to make unfounded claims against a company, would I post my university e-mail address (I am more likely to make some anonymous hotmail account). If you played at Cake/Betus from around Aug to Nov you will know exactly what I am talking about (and perhaps even early when I was not frequently on). Cancellations of pretty much EVERY tourny was an occurance that happened every day or every other day, sometimes once a day, sometimes several times a day. Add up how much money they pocketed from busted players prior to these technical problems, and you can see that they have made millions off insufficient refunds and frequent technical issues.

towery 11-29-2007 10:17 PM

fwiw my experience with cake customer support has been great for me. I don't play tournaments there, but they have (on more than one occasion) awarded me the value of the pot when technical problems arose on their end.

I don't play tournaments though, and have no idea what OP is talking about.

anuj 11-29-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw my experience with cake customer support has been great for me. I don't play tournaments there, but they have (on more than one occasion) awarded me the value of the pot when technical problems arose on their end.

I don't play tournaments though, and have no idea what OP is talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, for starters, there's a line in the middle that addresses what you are talking about:

[ QUOTE ]
they would have pocketed at least $300,000 per month with LITTLE damage to their reputation (remember they are responding promptly and giving prompt refunds).

[/ QUOTE ]

And, also, this is regarding tournaments, which you don't play.

BenG2813 12-01-2007 04:07 AM

looks like you found a new project for nat.