Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   ew (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507235)

joker122 09-23-2007 01:32 AM

ew

he's pretty tag.

ftp 50/100 6 handed

i open Ac9c otb he 3bets from sb i call.

flop is JcQc4h

he bets i call.

turn is Ah

he bets i call

river is an offsuit T

he bets i fold.

veganmav 09-23-2007 01:41 AM

Re: ew

Do you have a reason for not capping preflop? ppl 3bet chit all the time from sb, and I'd cap this all day long.

Do you have a read on him? how would he react to a flop raise if he had 88? how wide is his 3betting from the SB range?

is he the kind of tag that will 3ball TP QT on the flop if you raise? etc....

just gettin started.

TheWunderkind 09-23-2007 02:09 AM

The River is a math Problem but I think its a fold, i think alot of PPs just give up at that Point a lot will do on the Turn. Lower Aces dont make up enough of his range to pay off I GUESS.

I think you can raise the Flop putting pressure on low PP who might fold to another scarecard on teh Turn and valuetown lower Aces and str8 draws.

As played I think raising the scarecard is a decent play if the opponent is showdowny.If behind u have decent redraw. I think you have enough equity here with the nutflushdraw and you wont win more by just calling since a low PP wont pay off a River anyway and broadway hands will plus lower Aces will pay 1 more.

I dont mind preflop, Id cap here vs Lagtags but not vs Tags. But I really think this meh.

Trix 09-23-2007 09:11 PM

I wouldn´t fold to a minbet from an unknown here. Board is scary enough that he may try to bluff you off some of the weaker hands in your range.

pb87 09-24-2007 08:53 PM

you need to put a raise in either on flop or turn or both... either way a head or not too far behind... plus it makes it makes a river fold a bit easier if he donks into you after you've taken control of the hand

Keepitsimple 09-24-2007 09:11 PM

What does TAG mean preflop?

Without looking closely, I raise turn.

Scary_Tiger 09-24-2007 10:26 PM

I'm fine with flop call, but I raise turn all day long.

Crusher19 09-28-2007 06:28 PM

i think you have to put in a raise somewhere if you're going to fold the river. as played i think you have to call. the sb could easily be betting A rag or KQ for value on the river when you dont put in a raise.

shockdaworld 09-29-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to put in a raise somewhere if you're going to fold the river. as played i think you have to call. the sb could easily be betting A rag or KQ for value on the river when you dont put in a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats why its leaning towards a fold as played

joker please say why there wasnt a flop/turn raise, seems you would usually which is why you posted this?

baronzeus 09-29-2007 04:55 AM

most of ur hands are prettyty bad, this one is good. nh