Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Set on QQ9 flop... what to do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322014)

Potowame 02-02-2007 06:09 PM

Re: Set on QQ9 flop... what to do?

I agree 100% that it would be incorrect to slow play a Q here. That being said, I see alot of players incorrectly look for a check raise on boards like these, vs leading out. Just becuase its a bad play dosn't make it doubtful, Thats why I was wondering how he got his chips.

I guess what I mean is that the only type player you are ahead of here is a bad player. I doubt a good player is going broke in a unraised pot here, with any thing other than a Q or 99. So either he is bad enough to check a Q and lead worse here or Good enough to lead with KQ or AQ or 99.

Fiksdal 02-02-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you have trips, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

mikeJ 02-02-2007 06:49 PM

Yes, I raise flop, because I think it maximizes against draws/AA/KK/9x. If he has 9x and you smoothcall, it's not like you're getting much more money out of him vs. when you c/r. But I've seen people on FTP felt 9x here, and it isn't rare, because those dudes put you on a flush draw/TJ/anything they can beat.

From my posts, I may be giving off an impression that this is a super easy call, but that's not what I think. I think it's a call, and not particularly close, but I could see why you are considering a fold, and considering taking a call flop/reeval line in order to keep more of villain's hands that you beat. Villain will show up w/ KQ/99. I just don't think that'll be often enough to make a fold correct.

I think calling flop is fine, but i'm calling intending to c/r AI on a blank turn, c/c a diamond. But calling planning to somehow fold, ehh, really not possible against your generic FTP opponent.

Cornell Fiji 02-02-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe you have trips, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see value in raising this flop and I am happy to check through the turn too.

Pot control.

0evg0 02-03-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not see value in raising this flop and I am happy to check through the turn too.

Pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?

have you ever heard the expression "lol donkaments"?

raise flop/call push/lol at KK, A9, 87d

Nate. 02-03-2007 12:54 AM

Jurollo --

I think people might be underestimating the equity (especially the chop equity) we have against a better Q. You're just going to see too many worse hands here to fold.

Cornell--

The decision is sort of close because the pot was so many-handed, but QT is way too much hand here to be too worried about controlling the pot.

--Nate

Bond18 02-03-2007 01:00 AM

Who was he? Unknown i'd call, pro maybe not.

mariachiinc 02-03-2007 04:28 AM

Have to call.

nath 02-03-2007 05:43 AM

J-

come on, man.