Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556757)

Kongsgaard 11-28-2007 08:37 PM

Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

A few days ago I rechived the following e-mail from Full Tilt

Upon conclusion of a lengthy investigation into the $500 + $35, "$1Million Guarantee" tournament held on October 21st, we have determined that you were among the victims of one player using more than one Full Tilt account in the tournament. Late into the tournament, a player who had already been eliminated took over the account of a player who was still in, which is against our tournament rules.

This is the 1 mio gtd Chris "BluffMagCV" Vaughn won HU vs me when I got disconnected.

shaundeeb 11-28-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

GG FISH

coltranedog 11-28-2007 08:53 PM

Interesting, we had Chris on our podcast show over at pokerroad and I asked him if his backer took over the account for him - he obv denied this but I wasn't convinced.

ZJ123 11-28-2007 08:54 PM

gg

Jurollo 11-28-2007 08:56 PM

Kong,
Didn't you placed really high in this?

Bakes 11-28-2007 08:58 PM

Do they know who was playing on the account?

Kongsgaard 11-28-2007 09:00 PM

@Jurollo
He beat me heads up when I got disconnected, if that is what you mean?

pegusus 11-28-2007 09:11 PM

how is this thread not bigger, like am i wrong but is this not the guy who won the stars mill the following week with basically no prior history in mtts? and if this thread is saying that someone took over his account deep into the ftp can we not assume the same happened on stars? how is this not a major omgdramabomb?

Exitonly 11-28-2007 09:13 PM

Shaun called out this guy immediately after he won on Stars the next week, and i think it was durrrr and inyaface that came in and defended him saying they knew his backer or something.

Interesting developement..

Edit: Edited by request of ExitOnly.

THAY3R 11-28-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GG FISH

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaundeeb : The Multi-Accounting Hall Monitor http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/24549/Bobby.jpg

StepBangin 11-28-2007 09:13 PM

How did you get disconnected HU in a $1,000,000 gtd?

Jurollo 11-28-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@Jurollo
He beat me heads up when I got disconnected, if that is what you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew you went deep just wasnt sure so didnt know if we knew for sure if it was the winner who cheated, now we do.

pegusus 11-28-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GG FISH

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaundeeb : The Multi-Accounting Hall Monitor http://myspace.electricartists.com/s...or_cartman.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Kongsgaard 11-28-2007 09:28 PM

@Step
I have an apartment in Barcelona. The spanish internet provider Telefonica sucks and I play from my a community pay per search connection. This connection dissapeared when we got HU and I was anable to connect before I was blinded out.

unconscious 11-28-2007 09:30 PM

I know it goes on, I just wish it didn't work. Cheating is (+ev) but only short-term, cheating becomes (-karma) which usually makes your bum hurt, eh CV?

StepBangin 11-28-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@Step
I have an apartment in Barcelona. The spanish internet provider Telefonica sucks and I play from my a community pay per search connection. This connection dissapeared when we got HU and I was anable to connect before I was blinded out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report on what you did during this time?

mikeymer 11-28-2007 09:35 PM

is this SlippyJacks on stars?

Kongsgaard 11-28-2007 09:37 PM

"Fortunately" he had a 2:1 chiplead.
I acted pretty calm. Tried to connect to a few connections but without succes.
I considered running down the street to find a wifi I could connect to from MacD but a friend called me and told I was blinded out when I was on my way.

Kongsgaard 11-28-2007 09:38 PM

@Mike
Yes, I am pretty sure it is.

pegusus 11-28-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this SlippyJacks on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, it is, and given this new light being shed lol @ the article he wrote for p5s right after the 2 big wins

BKiCe 11-28-2007 09:46 PM

as far as i know, he sold his account to another very well known mtt player (ranked highly on pocketfives) for a % of the winnings, they got caught, and both got permabanned from full tilt over the incident.

CoolWave 11-28-2007 09:47 PM

blanconegro took second to him in the mil taht week? once a cheater always a cheater? will stars investigate this further or no?

Foucault 11-28-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as i know, he sold his account to another very well known mtt player (top 20 on pocketfives) for a % of the winnings, they got caught, and both got permabanned from full tilt over the incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might explain why some well-respected players were willing to vouch that CV wasn't multi-accounting. It seemed like their reasoning was based on the integrity of CV's backer, and he wasn't the one who took over.

Matt24 11-28-2007 10:01 PM

is this the one that he sold his account with 20 left or so?

djk123 11-28-2007 10:03 PM

im guessing imper1um. hasn't played a tourney on FTP since october 29th

Matt24 11-28-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as i know, he sold his account to another very well known mtt player (ranked highly on pocketfives) for a % of the winnings, they got caught, and both got permabanned from full tilt over the incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh missed this, yeah this is the same thing, got an email about it couple weeks back that the big player got the banhammer

Matt24 11-28-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im guessing imper1um. hasn't played a tourney on FTP since october 29th

[/ QUOTE ]

good guess

durrrr 11-28-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaun called out this guy immediately after he won on Stars the next week, and i think it was durrrr and theusher that came in and defended him saying they knew his backer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I backed him in his stars win, i was not at all affiliated w/ the ftp tourny, i know he was backed for it but im not sure if he let someone takeover or w/e and its not my business.

ActionJeff 11-28-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shaun called out this guy immediately after he won on Stars the next week, and i think it was durrrr and theusher that came in and defended him saying they knew his backer or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I backed him in his stars win, i was not at all affiliated w/ the ftp tourny, i know he was backed for it but im not sure if he let someone takeover or w/e and its not my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is consistent with everything I've heard.

McMelchior 11-28-2007 10:45 PM

Wow.

These pricks are killing online poker.

First the AP scandal, and now another exposé in this seemingly unstoppable stream of arrogant, greedy clowns.

Chorus of recreational players:

"Online poker is rigged!"

Those in the know:

"... Erhm .... yeah, well ... pretty much so ... "

coldcallchris 11-28-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is this thread not bigger, like am i wrong but is this not the guy who won the stars mill the following week with basically no prior history in mtts? and if this thread is saying that someone took over his account deep into the ftp can we not assume the same happened on stars? how is this not a major omgdramabomb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait are you talking about the Got T1LT? guy who won the mil this week and got 10th in it last week?

BillyBizzle 11-28-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait are you talking about the Got T1LT? guy who won the mil this week and got 10th in it last week?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, iirc he was SlippyJacks on stars and BluffMagCV on FTP.

Annulus 11-28-2007 10:53 PM

im glad that ftp took action. i also remember shaundeeb bringing this up back then and getting met with a few resounding 'NO WAY' he was multiaccounting. props to deeb.

Zimmer4141 11-28-2007 10:58 PM

The reason this thread is not bigger is because honestly, was anybody really surprised to hear that this happened? We all know multiaccounting and selling accounts still happens, these guys just happened to get caught. If my earlier run-in with him wasn't enough proof to have a negative view on SlippyJacks, I guess this is just more.

shaundeeb 11-28-2007 11:00 PM

someone whose friends with him ask him to introduce himself to me at the next live event we are both at so I can laugh at his lying cheating unethical self. Tried to lie even more saying how good he was etc when in fact I was right about ftp whole time. Also he said how many people could vouch for him at the time LOL proven wrong you should stick to being a writer and leave the playing to the players....oh way you do do that you are useless even as a shell for someone better then you.

Jurollo 11-28-2007 11:03 PM

deebspellcheck? please translate.

Body Man D 11-28-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone whose friends with him ask him to introduce himself to me at the next live event we are both at so I can laugh at his lying cheating unethical self. Tried to lie even more saying how good he was etc when in fact I was right about ftp whole time. Also he said how many people could vouch for him at the time LOL proven wrong you should stick to being a writer and leave the playing to the players....oh way you do do that you are useless even as a shell for someone better then you.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the million thread.

Quote: (Shaundeeb)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to the guy whose account it is

Do you confirm/deny allegations you sold your stack in the FTP mil the prev week when you won?

Also, the IP thing means nothing if you sold your stack we know how JJ plays when he's on the phone with someone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually i am not even gonna reply
i had a sick two weeks and have to hear [censored] like this

gifafi or whatever

Edited by MF Doom (10/30/07 11:33 AM)

Million thread. Kind of funny to read again.

IWEARGOGGLES 11-28-2007 11:06 PM

The 100r will be so much easier if all the cheaters keep getting caught!

TomHimself 11-28-2007 11:06 PM

kong did u get any more money from FT?

BillyBizzle 11-28-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 100r will be so much easier if all the cheaters keep getting caught!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's called an 18 person $320 sng.