Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Checkraised on turn by TAG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253626)

VickreyAuction 11-06-2006 03:00 AM

Checkraised on turn by TAG

Villain is a TAG. 25/18/3.1 over 891 hands.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

I folded the turn, but now I'm wondering about my play. Haha, no, but seriously, calldown or 3bet?

knockonwood 11-06-2006 03:05 AM

Re: Checkraised on turn by TAG

I call it down. I don't think you need to 3bet the turn. If your good he's still going to bet the river and you can collect another bet there.

milesdyson 11-06-2006 03:28 AM

3bet, and the idea of calling here and raising the river will come up later in the thread.

basically his range is Qx a vast majority of the time. most tags know to fast play flops like this with A3s or 66 because you will make more bets typically and you'll always make the other guy showdown just about any utg raising hand.

gehrig 11-06-2006 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet, and the idea of calling here and raising the river will come up later in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
holla

Ainex 11-06-2006 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah Miles, no fair. You took both lines.

RunDownHouse 11-06-2006 04:38 AM

If you just call the turn, you'll almost definitely get a river bet from hands that would fold the turn, like Ax and some PPs. When you're behind, you'll also usually save less, since people are, in general, less likely to raise the river than the turn...

Ahhh, [censored] it. miles nailed it. Nothing to see here.

VickreyAuction 11-06-2006 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basically his range is Qx a vast majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's he calling the flop with Qx?

poisonxfree 11-06-2006 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, [censored] it. miles nailed it. Nothing to see here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah I was going to suggest call then river raise but miles pretty much said it all.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
basically his range is Qx a vast majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's he calling the flop with Qx?

[/ QUOTE ]

Overs.

RunDownHouse 11-06-2006 04:51 AM

And image. If its technically a fold with my overs, but I'm running bad, or have recently folded a ton after betting the flop in small pots, I'm more apt to peel and make a "wrong" decision. You catch an out even sometimes in those cases, pop them on the turn, and show down, and it can drastically help your image.

All that goes double if I'm showdownable.

gehrig 11-06-2006 05:07 AM

i like to gamble when im stuck to chase my losses too but at least i know its bad