Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   ZOMG!!!!! zero + OurHouse (Trip Report) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273472)

FCBLComish 03-10-2007 06:32 PM

Re: ZOMG!!!!! zero + OurHouse (Trip Report)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I haven't mentioned OH in any conversation with my mom for a couple of weeks. Even when I was calling from NJ he never came up. They are apparently just pretending he doesn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...iving_room.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

OH, that is not a very flattering photo of you!

metsandfinsfan 03-10-2007 06:36 PM

zomg you are hung like an elephant

zero is a lucky girl

jjhender 03-10-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf is Shadowrun?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you sure you guys dont live in Arkansas? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE I'M KISSING MY SISTER ON THE CHEEK WHICH MEANS WE HAD SEX TOO. HAHAHAHAHAH

Wait...who are you and who invited you out of your hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadowrun, followed by Kyro from the "Hi everybody" thread. Since no one got it, obviously not very funny. I'll get to work on some new material. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Neil S 03-10-2007 06:54 PM

Well I laughed.

jjhender 03-10-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I laughed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I also left out a scenario, which is that many people got it and thought that I was retarted. This may or may not be the most likely possiblity.

ChrisV 03-11-2007 01:35 AM

zomg I only just caught up with this drama bomb

[ QUOTE ]
So I tell my mom everything about him: he's from NJ... At first she was shocked

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that would definitely be upsetting for a parent to deal with.

[ QUOTE ]
plays poker for a living

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows you can't win at gambling.

But wait, don't you also more or less play for a living? From the last graph I saw of yours, your NL is at a standard now where you could if you wanted to.

[ QUOTE ]
She won't listen to whatever I say (as usual) and the conversation ends after 15 minutes of her telling me that I'm making a big mistake and all this other bs. And obviously, she said that they refuse to meet him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
The next day OH and I think it would be a good idea if we went and got dinner with my brother, who is 25, so that they could meet and my bro could see that hes a normal, good guy and report back to the parentals. I give him a call and tell him everything about OH and what happened the previous day with my mom and once again, he is shocked but says its fine and that he'll call back the next day so we can make plans for Friday. The next day he calls, and for 15 minutes I am being yelled at and being called "naive," "stupid," a "[censored] moron," etc. He believes that OH has manipulated his way to staying at my apartment, called me a liar when I said I wanted him here, and wants me to get rid of him ASAP. So once again, the plans are off. I end up not going home for my bday at all because everyone is pissed at me and I'm certain that if I went I would have been yelled at and interrogated the entire time. Fun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your brother sounds like a jerk. Why write the guy off without meeting him? It's not like he has to sign an affidavit supporting the relationship. It's just dinner.

Nice birthday preflop fold, though. Staying tight is the key.

Our House 03-11-2007 03:41 AM

Chris,

The weekend of zero's birthday, I was so excited to meet everyone in the family. I (being extroverted) couldn't wait for the opportunity to show them that despite all of the "strikes" against me, that their daughter/sister was in very good company.

Unfotunately, it didn't exactly pan out that way. By the end of these conversations with mom and bro, ZOMG I was a complete wreck.

Without trying to sound too cocky, I'm a pretty likable person. It's kind of weird not being offered the chance to meet someone and letting them see that for themselves.

I'm sure it'll all work out in due time though.

ChrisV 03-11-2007 04:18 AM

Zero,

A plus to this whole thing is that if your r/ship with OH pans out and your family ends up coming round, you won't have to listen to anything they say again if you don't want to, because you can simply point out to them that they're retarded, citing this story as evidence.

OH,

Likewise, when zero's family finishes denouncing you as a low-life and probable pederast and they actually meet and like you, they'll be so mortified by their behavior that you'll swing the other way and become their new favorite person.

-zero- 03-11-2007 04:27 AM

1. I never listen to them anyways.

2. They never admit they're wrong about anything.

kyro 03-11-2007 03:16 PM

jjhender,

Not bad, but maybe a bit too obscure since more people care about OH/zero than me.