Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Mucked a set on the turn on a no straight/no flush board (500nl live) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355908)

shag 03-15-2007 02:08 PM

Mucked a set on the turn on a no straight/no flush board (500nl live)

A 5-5 500 max NL game @ the bike. Villain that raised me on the turn (UTG) is not a bad player not an amazing player. She is pretty solid and fairly aggro, is able to get away from hands and does not seem capable of complex moves. The other villain in the hand is a very highly regarded pro playing while waiting for a seat in the bigger game. Probably the best regular NL player that plays at the bike. He is ussualy somewhere in between TAG and LAG but is capable of pretty much anything and is extremely smart. Comments on all streets please.

UTG (~1600)
SB (~900)
Hero BB (~1450)

UTG makes it 25 preflop folds to SB who calls and Hero calls in BB with 66 suits don't matter.

Flop (70)
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB leades 45, Hero raises to 130, UTG calls, SB calls after posturing for a couple seconds.

Turn (460)
2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
SB checks, Hero bets 400, UTG raises to 900, SB mucks, Hero mucks.

Eagles 03-15-2007 02:12 PM

Re: Mucked a set on the turn on a no straight/no flush board (500nl li

Why can't this be QQ+?

edit: I'm not saying it's a bad fold. I'm just asking how do you think UTG would play QQ+ here.

shag 03-15-2007 02:14 PM

If its QQ+ it is severely overplayed. Given the dynamics of live games in general I am representing a huge hand here.

fitnessfreak 03-15-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Mucked a set on the turn on a no straight/no flush board (500nl live)

looks good to me. although i would bet less on the turn (300ish) to try and get max value from the UTG if she has an overpair, which is consistent with her play thus far.

fitnessfreak 03-15-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't this be QQ+?

edit: I'm not saying it's a bad fold. I'm just asking how do you think UTG would play QQ+ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

a standard mediocre live player with QQ+ rarely raises in this spot from what ive seen. they usually just go into calldown mode after the flop action.

adanthar 03-15-2007 03:25 PM

if you bet you probably have to fold. I like check/something.

shag 03-15-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you bet you probably have to fold. I like check/something.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like that would be giving up a fair amount of value if she can't get away from an overpair no? I'm pretty sure checking will give up a lot of value when i'm ahead and make me go broke when i'm behind.. I obv won't get to showdown without being all in if she has JJ/99 and its fairly obvious SB gas a draw so if she checks behind thats not good either.

BalugaWhale 03-15-2007 03:55 PM

heyyy J9

TheWorstPlayer 03-15-2007 03:56 PM

Re: Mucked a set on the turn on a no straight/no flush board (500nl live)

good fold. bad flop raise. bad turn bet, too, actually. i'd make it like 2/3 pot. you know what everyone has.

Big_Jim 03-15-2007 04:02 PM

Looks like a good fold.

Assuming this is 9 handed or more, J9 becomes much less likely, and I don't think she's raising the turn with an overpair.

Your line looks REALLL strong, and she doesn't seem to care, so you're probably beat.