Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Pointless Post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500351)

cgrohman 09-13-2007 03:04 PM

Pointless Post

20-40 kill:

Prior to this hand, we were short handed 4 and 5 handed. I won approximately 20 hands in a row and now everyone hates me. They still think I have nothing when I raise because I can't have it again. Complete breying donkey UTG who understands the different suits but that's about it. I won most of my $$$ off of him when he failed ot play his hands agressive. i.e. 5 handed, him in the BB, just calls the extra $10 to match the kill with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], then just calsl my raise and then proceeds to check/call down on a board of 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2xJx10x to lose to my A7.

Anyway, 8 handed not a kill pot, donkey limps UTG folded to me in the SB and I complete with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop Q35 rainbow

check, check, he bets, i call, BB folds.

Turn A rainbow

I c/r and we end up going 6 bets

river 5

No more than 1 bet should go in, right?

jba 09-13-2007 03:10 PM

Re: Pointless Post

actually no more than two, you have to bet this in case he has three pair.

BigBadBabar 09-13-2007 03:53 PM

betcall

cgrohman 09-13-2007 04:21 PM

You really think a donkey will go 6 bets without a set on the turn?

SNOWBALL 09-13-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You CANNOT betfold. He might have the same hand as you.
Also, just checkcall this. You're giving him the opportunity to make a raise that you can't fold to by betting, but you're not a 2-1 favorite at all.

BigBadBabar 09-13-2007 04:37 PM

hm yea i guess checkcall is fine; good point

gameoverjc 09-13-2007 04:50 PM

c/c

a-q, qq, aa don't make sense with his line here. Maybe 33, but I still don't see that going 6 bets unless he really is that mad at you. Tbh, his line looks awfully like aa (had someone do similar and spike the fh on river).

private joker 09-13-2007 05:03 PM

I fold PF. If BB knows what's going on, his raising range should be pretty wide, and there's no need to get involved in a 3-handed pot with 42.

jba 09-13-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, just checkcall this. You're giving him the opportunity to make a raise that you can't fold to by betting, but you're not a 2-1 favorite at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course we're not a 2-1 favorite, that doesn't mean you should check/call. we're a HUGE dog when we check/call.

vmacosta 09-13-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course we're not a 2-1 favorite, that doesn't mean you should check/call. we're a HUGE dog when we check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but we're an even bigger dog when we get raised. At the very least we are as big of a dog when we get raised as opposed to when we check and he bets and we lose money on even the first bet going in (obv sets are more likely than 2 pair). If you insist on showing down here (which you shouldnt but the pot is so big I don't blame you), then c/c > b/c. I agree that b/f is the best option but obv not good for most people's sanity.