Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $16t: Turned flush on first hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319272)

JuntMonkey 01-30-2007 05:16 PM

$16t: Turned flush on first hand

This is two-pair/set/lower flush/random hand enough to push for value right? I think there's a ton of worse hands he'll call with.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1500)
Button (t1500)
Hero (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Button calls t20, Hero calls t10, BB checks

Flop: (t60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks

Turn: (t60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t40</font>, BB calls t40, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>

River: (t140) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t110</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t400</font>

Pudge714 01-30-2007 05:45 PM

Re: $16t: Turned flush on first hand

Bet flop.
Call river.
Edit: Put his range on any two clubs and it's an insta call.

Shillx 01-30-2007 05:51 PM

Meh 3rd nut flush is roughly 50/50 against any other flush. You lose to 13 combos and beat 15 but I'd still call as he could have something goofy.

BHokie1 01-30-2007 05:57 PM

My line usually is
checked flop
bet turn,
check/call the river

I'm definitely calling the river as played.

IMO in general Pudge Advice &gt; BHokie Advice

I'm interested on Pudge's reasons for betting the flop, maybe because only the button limped and he obviously doesn't have a strong hand.

If you bet the flop do you bet the turn when you hit or c/c, if you miss the turn I assume it's an easy c/f.

JuntMonkey 01-30-2007 06:02 PM

Calling wasn't even a question, of course I'm calling the river. Re-re-raise all-in for value is the question. I really think this is sets, two pair, or lower flushes enough that pay-off a push.

jgunnip 01-30-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling wasn't even a question, of course I'm calling the river. Re-re-raise all-in for value is the question. I really think this is sets, two pair, or lower flushes enough that pay-off a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd defintely push. Since villan was the BB I think a random two pair hand is even more likely.

BHokie1 01-30-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This early I wouldn't, the times you bust don't make up for the times you get stacked IMO. It's a nice take down if you are ahead and you have time to recover if you are behind. This early I'd weigh surviving, over getting stacked.

jgunnip 01-30-2007 06:11 PM

nit alert

[ QUOTE ]
the times you bust don't make up for the times you get stacked IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BHokie1 01-30-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nit alert

[ QUOTE ]
the times you bust don't make up for the times you get stacked IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm a total nit early
It's the $16s there's a bigger edge late [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

eurythmech 01-30-2007 06:18 PM

Hate preflop.

Think 60 turn is way better than 40 as well.

On river fold is out of the question, and check/call would give up tremendous amounts of value.