Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official Dallas Cowboys VS NY Giants Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543341)

Matt Williams 11-11-2007 01:42 AM

***Official Dallas Cowboys VS NY Giants Thread***

Whoever wins the game probably wins the NFC East; and possibly HFA. I think Romo may be in for a tough day against NY's Four Aces package.

Franchise 60 11-11-2007 01:44 AM

Re: ***Official Dallas Cowboys VS NY Giants Thread***

Extremely pumped for this game. Going to find out a lot about our team.

Go Giants!

Matt Williams 11-11-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Extremely pumped for this game. Going to find out a lot about our team.

Go Giants!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yea. I think it will be close, or NY blows out Dallas. I don't see the Cowboys winning easily.

SuperUberBob 11-11-2007 03:34 AM

The first time these guys played it was close. And the Giants played really bad then too.

I can't wait!!!!! I got my LT jersey laid out.

Fonkey123 11-11-2007 03:38 AM

gogogogo giants defense

SuperUberBob 11-11-2007 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gogogogo giants defense

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be awesome to get the PSU 2+2 crew together for Sunday (or I mean uh, later today). Football + beer + degen poker stuff for cheap = awesome

Fonkey123 11-11-2007 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gogogogo giants defense

[/ QUOTE ]

Would be awesome to get the PSU 2+2 crew together for Sunday (or I mean uh, later today). Football + beer + degen poker stuff for cheap = awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they are at the university club

J-P 11-11-2007 06:09 AM

ggogogogogogogogo cowboys!!!!!!11

niss 11-11-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it will be close, or NY blows out Dallas. I don't see the Cowboys winning easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it will be close, or NY blows out Dallas. I don't see the Cowboys winning easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

backwards imo. cowboys ftw. and thread is worthless w/o poll

punkass 11-11-2007 11:04 AM

Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pretty excited to watch this game. There will be many spots where I will say "I wish my team could do that", probably.

Dallas by 9.

Nonfiction 11-11-2007 11:07 AM

GREAT week for football. This game, Eagles/Redskins, Titans/Jags, Browns/Steelers, Colts/Chargers, and Vikings/Packers

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pretty excited to watch this game. There will be many spots where I will say "I wish my team could do that", probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol mcnabbaments

ScottieK 11-11-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first time these guys played it was close. And the Giants played really bad then too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I think the Giants will win this game, last second field goal or something like that. Hopefully the G-men are jacked up and ready for payback. Dallas can turn the ball over a bunch, like they did in Buffalo. If the Giants can put on their pass rush, Romo will be in for a long day.

ScottieK

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I think the Giants will win this game, last second field goal or something like that. Hopefully the G-men are jacked up and ready for payback. Dallas can turn the ball over a bunch, like they did in Buffalo. If the Giants can put on their pass rush, Romo will be in for a long day.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 1 game rationale of "turn the ball over a bunch"

i guess the other 7 games mean nothing

Tyler Durden 11-11-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 1 game rationale of "turn the ball over a bunch"

i guess the other 7 games mean nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas is turning the ball over nearly twice per game. The Cowboys have some strengths. Protecting the football ain't one of them.

tdarko 11-11-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever wins the game probably wins the NFC East; and possibly HFA. I think Romo may be in for a tough day against NY's Four Aces package.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? First of all NY still have NE left on their schedule and Dallas doesn't. Also, NY barely beat one of the worst two teams in the NFL 13-10, I am still not understanding the love affair w/ this team--I mean yea they are good and they are rattling off wins but I still haven't seen them do anything super impressive.

Their win streak:

24-17 @ Was--Was is avg but always a tough game
16-3 vs. Phi--Philly was at its most depleted w/ injuries during this game. Osi took advantage of a rookie and that was the game + Phi is very good.
35-24 vs. NYJ--Jets are God-awful
31-10 @ Atl--you can only play the teams on your schedule but lets not get excited about pounding this team.
33-15 vs. SF--should we even talk about SF?
13-10 Mia--should we even talk about Mia?

Last 4 wins were against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL--two of the games were close. So let's just wait and see before we start getting excited about this team.

Also, NY's strength is their D-line--Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and one of the best QB's at avoiding the pass rush and sacks. So they are going to need to do a little more than pass rush today if they are going to win this game.

I do think that NY continues to improve each week since week 1 against Dallas but in the same regard Dallas has improved each week as well and are a much different team today too.

Another note--Dallas hasn't played a game all year w/ two healthy corners and they may today.

Another note--Eli Manning is on the Giants, game over.

PocketQueens90 11-11-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Williams 11-11-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? First of all NY still have NE left on their schedule and Dallas doesn't. Also, NY barely beat one of the worst two teams in the NFL 13-10, I am still not understanding the love affair w/ this team--I mean yea they are good and they are rattling off wins but I still haven't seen them do anything super impressive.

Their win streak:

16-3 vs. Phi--Philly was at its most depleted w/ injuries during this game. Osi took advantage of a rookie and that was the game + Phi is very good.
31-10 @ Atl--you can only play the teams on your schedule but lets not get excited about pounding this team.

Last 4 wins were against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL--two of the games were close. So let's just wait and see before we start getting excited about this team.

Also, NY's strength is their D-line--Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and one of the best QB's at avoiding the pass rush and sacks. So they are going to need to do a little more than pass rush today if they are going to win this game.

I do think that NY continues to improve each week since week 1 against Dallas but in the same regard Dallas has improved each week as well and are a much different team today too.

Another note--Dallas hasn't played a game all year w/ two healthy corners and they may today.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Before bashing the teams the Giants have played so far, why don't you take a look at the schedule Dallas had so far. Miami? St. Louis? Please.

To date the record of opponents played, not including each other
Dallas-22-35
NYG-20-37

So tell me, why is Dallas more superior than NY?

BTW- If the Pats have HFA locked up, do you honestly think they are playing Brady and Co. in week 17?

BigCummins 11-11-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

niss 11-11-2007 04:19 PM

You can't take much out of the Miami game. It was played in a driving rain on a terrible field. I'm sure most would agree that those two are a great equalizer.

Funny how many people say that the win at Washington means little. Those people will say, out of the other side of their mouths, that Washington is one of the favorites for a wild card.

Last thing -- unless New England is 15-0 going into that final game, in all likelihood we're going to see a lot of Grogan at QB ... meaning that the Giants might have a decent shot at a win there if the game means nothing to NE. That the Giants have NE as the last game on their schedule could be a HUDGE break.

Franchise 60 11-11-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas-22-35
NYG-20-37

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how everyone acts like the Cowboys have played a great schedule while they knock the Giants schedule.

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas-22-35
NYG-20-37

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how everyone acts like the Cowboys have played a great schedule while they knock the Giants schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think his point was that the cowboys- outside of the buffalo game- have handily beat the sub par opponents while the giants have had close games vs equally as bad opponents

niss 11-11-2007 04:56 PM

Aside from the Miami game, which can be explained away, which Giants' win was much closer than it should have been?

PS -- Dallas has little excuse for the Buffalo game.

Jay Riall 11-11-2007 05:12 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<< MY HERO!!!! GOGOGOGOO

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the Miami game, which can be explained away, which Giants' win was much closer than it should have been?

PS -- Dallas has little excuse for the Buffalo game.

[/ QUOTE ]

jets off the top of my head. i dont think he was saying "closer than it should have been" as opposed to the fact that dallas has a lot of blowouts

ZeTurd 11-11-2007 05:20 PM

Lol, sick TD pass.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 05:21 PM

what the phantom menace was that?

tdarko 11-11-2007 05:21 PM

Matt Williams,

Relax, don't be so reactionary.

I actually never compared NY's schedule to Dallas' fwiw, I just said that beating 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL isn't much to get excited about. Both teams will eventually have comparable schedules so none of this really matters.

If you want to compare right now we can:

Shared games-

Philly--Dallas beat them when they were healthier and better, you can't argue this really just look at today.
Mia--Dallas beat them when they were healthier and better (though better is still bad for this team), you can't argue this...NY beat a Ronnie Brown and Trent Greenless Dolphin team by 3 points, I don't care where it was or if it was raining or not--that doesn't impress me.

Dallas Loss

NE--winning w/ 7 minutes left in the 3rd before getting ran out of the building. Indy now has taken them the distance. This loss doesn't matter, nobody beats them and NY will lose to them the last game of the season.

NY losses

Dallas
GB--Dallas plays them in a few weeks

Comparable wins

Dallas-Chi, Stl
NY- Was, Pick any one of the terrible three (NYJ, Atl, SF)

This leaves Buf and Min as better wins than whatever game you didn't pick out of NYJ, Atl and SF.

SuperUberBob 11-11-2007 05:21 PM

Geez, that score does not bode well for the Giants.

tdarko 11-11-2007 05:22 PM

Standard from a Jedi.

Assani Fisher 11-11-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their win streak:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Before bashing the teams the Giants have played so far, why don't you take a look at the schedule Dallas had so far. Miami? St. Louis? Please.

Dallas-22-35
NYG-20-37

So tell me, why is Dallas more superior than NY?

BTW- If the Pats have HFA locked up, do you honestly think they are playing Brady and Co. in week 17?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Giants simply aren't that good of a football team. They have had an easy schedule so far. They'll come back down to earth. Probably a loss in the first round of the playoffs.

100,055 and counting

g-bebe 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

that looked easy

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 05:24 PM

romo is jesus

Jay Riall 11-11-2007 05:25 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] stupid first scorer bets

Riverman 11-11-2007 05:32 PM

hahaha Cowboys D

Claunchy 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

Brandon Jacobs is a little bitch.

SuperUberBob 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

Nice acting by Brandon Jacobs.

JordanIB 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

haha, awesome Jacobs!

ZeTurd 11-11-2007 05:34 PM

Man, I hate all the diving in American Football. Soccer FTW! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]