Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   river c/r bluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487185)

DJ Sensei 08-27-2007 03:03 AM

river c/r bluff

8 handed 10/20, eff stacks 2400

I limp UTG with black sevens, UTG+1 limps too, MP raises to 110, we both call. UTG+1 is a regular, plays kind of like a live player, probably sticks to fullring primarily. We've played together a fair bit, but don't have any particular metagame going on that i'm aware of. MP is somewhat unknown but seemingly quite aggro pre.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I pause and check, they both check too.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $290 into $360, UTG+1 calls, MP folds.

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, he bets $630, and I immediately shove, $1400 more to him.

lapoker17 08-27-2007 03:13 AM

Re: river c/r bluff

yes.

aislephive 08-27-2007 03:14 AM

I like it against most players who will muck T9 here, but I can't tell you if this is good against this player. Since you described him as a live player that makes me not want to like it (don't try to bluff live players obv!), but I think a lot of players are going to fold trips here if they're decent. He should almost never be full with this action also, or have TJ.

This just comes down to if he is just playing his own hand (aka trips call!) or is he going to at the very least think a while before he calls with what he knows is a bluff catcher (anything < TJ). If he is the latter player I like it.

catcher193 08-27-2007 03:15 AM

I'm flip flopping, this is bad if his limping range is pp's and sc's IMO, this gets way and way better if he limps trash like KQo, QJo (a "live pro" might be more likely to do this type of stuff)

with this action, in these FR games, I think you can be shown 88 and 98s here.

Colombo 08-27-2007 03:24 AM

I mean he probably folds a Q here, but is he capable of betting a Q on this river? If he'll value bet QK/QJ, I like it. If not, I think call>shove because he probably doesn't fold 9x or TJ, and I think his river betting range is simply 9x/TJ/busted fd.

I don't play 10/20 but I'd assume value betting QK/QJ on this river would be std for him so I kinda like this.

edit: Do people ever play 88 like villain in full ring?

lapoker17 08-27-2007 03:27 AM

jesus - this is full ring you clowns - this is perfect for these nits.

thejerkface 08-27-2007 03:28 AM

I doubt he has a Q here. I think most players bet a Q on the flop.

tcorbin16 08-27-2007 03:33 AM

naaaaah and dj i like how u post all the bluffs for ur image [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

catcher193 08-27-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus - this is full ring you clowns - this is perfect for these nits.

[/ QUOTE ]
doesn't this mean he his range is weighed much more heavily towards strong hands (9x+)?
probably folding 9x, TJ, calling with 88, 98s, (maybe) 22.

not saying its bad but, I hope the "pro bluff" camp understand how tight this guys range figures to be.