Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   KJs vs a loose PFR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422483)

munkey 06-07-2007 06:40 PM

KJs vs a loose PFR

I called preflop as blinds were likely to join in multiway and I want to play this hand IP likely dominating his range.

However I end up getting myself in a tricky spot on a scary board. Thoughts?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $52.21
BB: $48.21
UTG: $48.25
CO: $89.75
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $51.75</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">
37/22/ o0 over 7o hands why I'm sitting on his left [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

loose player raises alot -seen him play 52o

40$ pot with kto akx flop says my note on him -called 15 river bet with 2ptk.
</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($8.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($28.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $40.00</font>, Hero considers what this overbet means and folds as AK/qj/qt, QQ/jj/tt pwn me

Pot Size: $68.75

jmgambler 06-07-2007 06:45 PM

Re: KJs vs a loose PFR

You forgot AJ too, any reason why a turn raise even a mini-raise is NOT good here?

What were you hoping for on the river?, a check and you could value bet or would you check behind?

I am not criticising I am just wondering having a hit a pretty good turn what was the plan for river?

ajmargarine 06-07-2007 06:48 PM

Oy, this is really an instinctual hand I think I could only play at the table, facing the slight overbets on each street...

Did you consider 3betting PF?

homeslice 06-07-2007 06:48 PM

I would have raised the flop...

ActionStan 06-07-2007 06:57 PM

If he's that loose, raise the flop. Certainly raise the turn looking to get all in. You crush his range there. On the river I'd really want to have a good feeling for what the villain is doing to call. You don't beat all that much that isn't a bluff.

sisyphus75 06-07-2007 07:03 PM

you put yourself in a difficult situation by calling all his bets. How does he see you?

IMO: I would rr the turn.

DannyOcean_ 06-07-2007 08:01 PM

This is way too passive. I think you could raise pf, flop, and turn profitably.

Also, the overbet is tough but you put yourself there. QT does not 'own you' does it? JJ is not possible. AJ maybe but only one jack left for him to have, only four combos. I think river is a fold as played, but PLEASE raise earlier.

Speel Posher 06-07-2007 08:05 PM

i would re raise turn personally, and then evaluate from there, other than that i probably vomit and call river

Peter Harris 06-07-2007 08:14 PM

easy turn raise, if not a flop one.

kaz2107 06-07-2007 08:21 PM

i hate the preflop call for this reason. now we r completely LOST in the hand and have no idea wut tha hell is goin on. as played i think u have to fold the river. i cant see him doin this with too much that we beat. looks like he had us tha whole way and we r donzo.