Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   white t shirts. socks, underwear (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535620)

Mr. T 10-31-2007 07:47 PM

Re: white t shirts. socks, underwear

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stafford from JC Penney are pretty good, more like a regular t-shirt than a flimsy undershirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like these also. They are a little heavier then other brands like hanes and FOLT but the neck keeps its shape well.

gimmetheloot 10-31-2007 07:50 PM

I just use the footlocker shirts for undershirts.
They are like 5 for 20 bucks or something and are nice

theghost 10-31-2007 07:55 PM

just curious, but who cares what they look like when they're under another shirt?

PokerAmateur4 10-31-2007 08:02 PM

American apparel. Gold toe for socks.

sublime 10-31-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just curious, but who cares what they look like when they're under another shirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

because they are still visible around the neck almost always.

armPitt 10-31-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
surpisingly, gap makes some nice fitted ones with pima cotton

[/ QUOTE ]

I have several gap ones and while I enjoy their softness and initial shape, I must say the neck's of mine get all bent out of shape just like other brands after a while. It could just be my lack of care for them though. They are certainly better than your standard fotl and hanes etc. I had a roommate once who wore Polo undershirts, I always thought those looked like they would be nice, but have never purchased any. Tried to a couple times, but couldn't find them quickly.

NickMPK 10-31-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
American apparel. Gold toe for socks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had many pair of many brands of white athletic socks over the years, and have found that Gold Toe socks, while very comfortable, wear out faster than the regular store brands. So I generally avoid them now.

Hobbs. 10-31-2007 09:04 PM

the kirkland brand white ts you get at costco are suprisingly nice and my goto brand.

Los Feliz Slim 10-31-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the kirkland brand white ts you get at costco are suprisingly nice and my goto brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No XXL for those of us with more to love. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

bluef0x 11-01-2007 12:51 PM

I hate the same shirts you do sublime... I found that Kirkland Signature's (Costco's brand) white t-shirts are pretty heavy and aren't the thin, see-through pieces of [censored] that can't keep their shape. I bought 2 packs ~1 year ago and they still feel brand new.