Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Tough spot deep...wrap hits but puts flush out there... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469850)

EWS87 08-05-2007 01:11 PM

Tough spot deep...wrap hits but puts flush out there...

0.50/$1 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 12:59:01 ET - 2007/08/05
Seat 2: BTN ($114.25)
Seat 3: HERO ($129.35)
Seat 4: BB ($121.50)
Seat 5: UTG ($83.85)
Seat 6: CO ($92.70)
HERO posts the small blind of $0.50
BB posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Jh 4h 5d 6h]
UTG calls $1
CO calls $1
BTN calls $1
HERO calls $0.50
BB raises to $6
UTG calls $5
CO calls $5
BTN calls $5
HERO calls $5
*** FLOP *** [8s 3s 2c]($30)
HERO checks
BB bets $30
UTG folds
CO folds
BTN folds
HERO calls $30
*** TURN *** [8s 3s 2c] [6s]($90)
HERO...

i guess maybe I'm stupid for seeing the flop (calling 5 into a $30 pot though?), but once I'm there folding just seemed really wrong getting 2:1...its pretty easy to put him on a hand...i just don't know if he has aces with spades and I'm pretty lost on the turn...do i just bet pot and pray he didn't hit flush?

KaponoFor3 08-05-2007 02:01 PM

Re: Tough spot deep...wrap hits but puts flush out there...

I say lead out with a bet of $50, representing value on a made flush draw and that you are asking for a call. If you get check-raised then I'd lay it down.

alavet 08-05-2007 02:13 PM

fold preflop.
check-raise turn
go to the end with

chucky 08-05-2007 02:25 PM

Fold preflop. Check-raising turn is fine. Villian probably has AAxx and will only have flush a small percentage of time. If you call flops like this, you have to put chips in on a flush board occasionally. Otherwise you are calling a psb with only 9 outs, which is EV- in a HU pot.

EWS87 08-05-2007 03:00 PM

well assuming he does have aces with no spades...i have two aces, four sevens, three fours, three fives, and three sixes...if he does have ace high spades then I have 11 outs...and have to dodge his full house redraw if I hit an ace...I like the option of leading out for 50 and then folding even though I'd be getting 4.5:1 because I'd be drawing dead so often

is there any chance I could lead big and he re-raises without a flush? that would make that play scary

also could leading for pot...which would put him AI since pot is 90 and he has 87 left...get him to fold a small flush if he has A-A-Xs-Xs??

chucky 08-05-2007 03:42 PM

On the flop if he doesnt have spades, you win if ace, four, five or six hits on turn. 7 wont make a straight because you cant play 3 cards from your hand. If he has ace high fd, with aces, you have 2 aces, 2 fours, 2 fives, and 2 sixes, 8 outs. He wont reraise without a flush because you will have insanely high odds to call. You can probably get him to fold a small flush to a large bet, but the value gained from folding out small flushes seems smaller to me that the value from getting aces pot committed drawing dead.

Kala1928 08-05-2007 04:56 PM

i read the title and thought 'wow what a tough spot, having a straight on a 3-flush board in omaha'

darkcore 08-05-2007 08:44 PM

120$ effective stacks in a 100$ plo game are not really that deep...

fold preflop.

i'd pot/fold flop or just check/fold.

on the turn i hate every option you have. check-raising a flush board in a 90$ pot with 80$ left holding a mere straight... seems to me like just plain wrong. villian will have to call 30$ in a $200+ pot. what do you think will he fold in this spot?

Ribbo 08-05-2007 08:59 PM

Fold preflop to the raise, you're in the small blind which is the worse position to be in. The reason is exactly for what happens on the turn. You have to act first with a hand you're not sure whether you need to protect it against a player with a set, or are drawing dead against a player with a flush.
If you had folding this preflop out of position, you would find the decisions you make in the game to be a lot easier.

wazz 08-05-2007 09:32 PM

Fold preflop.

I hate a check-raise on the turn, it puts in far too much money when you're beat. I like a bet-fold or even a check-call. If you check-call you can either check-call again should villain want to bluff the nut blocker or even bet-call if villain is liable to bluffraise. It's a very risky line though, and you need some sort of read.