Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA gets screwed by turn - but rivers top set. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542149)

matrix 11-09-2007 12:58 PM

AA gets screwed by turn - but rivers top set.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $24.77
UTG: $101.89
Hero (MP): $55.78
CO: $38.91
BTN: $50
SB: $47.25

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $2, UTG folds

Flop: ($5.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, BB calls $5.50

Turn: ($16.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($16.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.50</font>, Hero ?

can this board get any worse?

call and pay the man? or can I raise this at all on teh river for value [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Villain is a 40/7/2 lagtard.

wingchunflush 11-09-2007 01:00 PM

Re: AA gets screwed by turn - but rivers top set.

lol @ $3 into a $16 pot. I call but I am not happy about it

Baintz 11-09-2007 01:07 PM

I like a minraise on the river here, plenty of 2 pair or lower sets may be blocking this river and look you up and we easily fold to a 3bet.

Unless of course he is laggy enough to bluff raise the river, but I don't see him doing that on this board unless he is an utter maniac.

Speedlimits 11-09-2007 01:18 PM

bet turn
call river

bravos1 11-09-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a minraise on the river here, plenty of 2 pair or lower sets may be blocking this river and look you up and we easily fold to a 3bet.

Unless of course he is laggy enough to bluff raise the river, but I don't see him doing that on this board unless he is an utter maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like opening the betting again for BB. There are gonna be hands that he will be able to throw away, as well has him jamming.

His small bet could be a block, but it could be a poor attempt at value since hero checked behind turn and he's hoping you call w/ a big Ace.

wingchunflush 11-09-2007 01:29 PM

I think min raising is a pretty bad idea. There is a 4 straight out there, i think calling is the better action

joseki 11-09-2007 01:31 PM

I'd call. I could see an argument for betting the A, since your line looks like AK and there's not that much left behind, but i think you lose more than 50% of the time you get called. I suppose he could also fold 56s or something, but that doesn't help enough.

I also like the turn check. You're not ahead of his calling range and you're only folding worse. Plus, you could suck out on his set/2pr.

Genesis 11-09-2007 01:33 PM

The 9 looks scary on the turn, but it's not as bad as a T or a 5. I'm contemplating a bet on this turn because the most likely draw (OESD) still has not come in, and if for some reason he has a T we will not be able to improve to win the hand anyway. Seeing as though this opponent is a LAG, if he has a tendency to bluff-raise on a turn like this then I would check instead intending to call a small river bet. On the river I see no reason to raise because the Ace is a scary card for your opponent if he does not have the straight, so he may be able to fold pairs.

So, versus this opponent, I like your line assuming you called the river. Against a more straightforward opponent I would prefer a bet on the turn.

Speedlimits 11-09-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call. I could see an argument for betting the A, since your line looks like AK and there's not that much left behind, but i think you lose more than 50% of the time you get called. I suppose he could also fold 56s or something, but that doesn't help enough.

I also like the turn check. You're not ahead of his calling range and you're only folding worse. Plus, you could suck out on his set/2pr.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really true

En Passant 11-09-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn
call river

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like betting the turn here at all. You turn your hand into a bluff.