Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521596)

BobboFitos 11-03-2007 06:13 AM

Re: *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
yo gs fans and also fantasy enthusiasts: how will the return of sjax impact kelenna's minutes and fantasy production?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurt him, obviously. But from a fan point of view, GS needs Sjaxx.

BTW: I only was able to watch the 4th Q (returned home from Celtics game) and although Kamen was playing great, the fact that such a terrible big man was able to exploit the GSW def doesnt bode well for them. I mean, think about it this way:
The Mavs are very good but have very little interior scoring. (if any)
The teams they have had problems with (even the Clippers tonight/last night, granted I didnt see first 3 quarters, but without Brand should've been a win!) are able to score inside. Think about it this way -
Spurs (Dunc)
Suns (Amare)
Jazz (Boozer)
Rockets (Yao)
Grizzlies (Pau)
Hornets (West)

That leaves only a few teams that WONT be able to give them trouble inside (Lakers, Mavs, etc.)

FUJItheFISH 11-03-2007 03:24 PM

bob could you throw in a guess as to how many minutes hed be getting a game? lets say he will continue with about 30 a game right now. is it going to drop down to 18 or 20 or will the swing down only be to about 25?

BobboFitos 11-03-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bob could you throw in a guess as to how many minutes hed be getting a game? lets say he will continue with about 30 a game right now. is it going to drop down to 18 or 20 or will the swing down only be to about 25?

[/ QUOTE ]
im assuming he'll still get alot given how he has been playing!

offTopic 11-07-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The opening seven-game stretch will be tough as they have:

UTA
@LAC
@UTA
CLE
DAL
DET
LAC

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. So frustrating to watch. Decent chances to win @LAC and vs CLE, but 0-4 and allowing 120/game. They look like the Nuggets of the 80s without the shooters. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm going on the 29th, hopefully they have a couple of wins by then. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

AllinDan 11-09-2007 06:05 AM

wow that game hurt. I feel so bad for the guys in the locker room, they played their best and just barely fell short. Obviously the W's lost the game at the line, but Azubuike and Baron played about as good basketball as you can play. Tonight was Baron at his best; he and Monta played the entire game, and Baron played most of the 4th quarter with 5 fouls. I rail on his shot selection all the time, but I was shocked when that last shot didn't go in.

I don't understand why Nellie insists on playing Baron (and Monta) so many minutes. I couldn't help but wonder if Baron had set for 2 minutes late in the 3rd or early in the 4th, would he have had the energy to make that one more play the game required?

Obviously this team needs Stephen Jackson badly on Defense, but with Harrington and Azubuike and Baron playing as well as they are, I think they've got a good winning streak or two in em as soon as they get over that first win hump.

PITTM 11-09-2007 12:52 PM

Yeah, that was such a depressing loss. I think azabuke and Baron look awesome. Biedrins has looked terrible. When Harrington isnt shooting crazy 3s I love him, when he is, not so much [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

tuq 11-09-2007 01:54 PM

Does anyone have a Youtube link to a compilation of Biedrins shooting free throws? Damn that is some entertaining [censored] right there.

offTopic 11-09-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously this team needs Stephen Jackson badly on Defense, but with Harrington and Azubuike and Baron playing as well as they are, I think they've got a good winning streak or two in em as soon as they get over that first win hump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that when Jackson is in, he makes Biedrins more effective on offense, is able to put the ball on the floor when the offense stagnates, and actually shoots 80% from the line.

No doubt he takes his share of questionable shots, and the bitching to the refs when the play is going the other way has been well-documented, but they really are a different team when he's on the floor. Scary.

ETA: As an aside, as a Niners/Warriors/Cal fan, this last six weeks or so has been [censored] excruciating. I think I've seen one win since late September. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

PITTM 11-09-2007 02:22 PM

Niner/Warriors/Cal fan here too. My friend who goes to Cal is trying to talk me into going to the game tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to be around for the 4th loss in a row [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

onlinebeginner 11-09-2007 02:24 PM

Do the hornets really give you guys that much trouble.... if so is it actually because of west, or is it because CP3 runs circles around the baoron

(i have never watched a hornets vs. GS game... and I haven't looked up any stats, jus guessin)

offTopic 11-09-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Niner/Warriors/Cal fan here too. My friend who goes to Cal is trying to talk me into going to the game tomorrow. I'm not sure I want to be around for the 4th loss in a row [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss Wazzou last week? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I know it felt like a loss because they played like crap, but they've assured themselves at least a bid in the Dry Roasted Almonds Bowl...

sethypooh21 11-09-2007 02:46 PM

Big problem with the W's right now is there D is too 'gimmicky' down the stretch. All of the Mavs big shots were wide open because Dallas spread the floor, got them scrambling and made 1-2 extra passes. That said, the game easily goes the other way if Harrington makes one more shot or JeT/Stackhouse miss one.

offTopic 11-09-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big problem with the W's right now is there D is too 'gimmicky' down the stretch. All of the Mavs big shots were wide open because Dallas spread the floor, got them scrambling and made 1-2 extra passes. That said, the game easily goes the other way if Harrington makes one more shot or JeT/Stackhouse miss one.

[/ QUOTE ]

16-30 from the foul line. Their worst teams from the last 25 years could still make 70% (or more) of their FTs.

PITTM 11-09-2007 03:49 PM

Weird, for some reason i thought they lost to WSU.

AllinDan 11-15-2007 02:50 AM

wow a new low. my expectations for this season are finally down to "cautiously optimistic"

BobboFitos 11-15-2007 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow a new low. my expectations for this season are finally down to "cautiously optimistic"

[/ QUOTE ]
The team looks horrible. Ive suffered through a bunch of the games now, and all I can say is, Baron is for real, everyone else, WOW.

offTopic 11-15-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The team looks horrible. Ive suffered through a bunch of the games now, and all I can say is, Baron is for real, everyone else, WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even think it's that so much as, "Let's play well for 3 quarters." Sometimes it's the 2nd or 3rd that kills them, lately it's been the 4th, which makes it that much more painful.

They absolutely have to beat LAC before going on that eastern swing.

PITTM 11-15-2007 02:40 PM

PLAYOFFS???

sethypooh21 11-15-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Al would be a perfect 3rd scorer for a team like, say, Miami. Other than that, most of the players are massively overrated in direct correlation to their fantasy production.

BobboFitos 11-15-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Al would be a perfect 3rd scorer for a team like, say, Miami. Other than that, most of the players are massively overrated in direct correlation to their fantasy production.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking fantasy here, I actually watch their games too, not just look at box scores, and I agree; Monta is massively overrated. As is Biedrins. Azubukie has flashes when he looks like a real NBA player. Dunno what the deal with Pietrus is, he again has potential but then he just has a bad bball IQ. They do need Sjaxx. Bellini can shoot but cant do too much else. Blach, I'm jsut downtrodden because I grew attached to them last year and this year rather then overexceed they're underperforming. I mean, last team to record a win? WTF?

kidcolin 11-15-2007 03:36 PM

Seth, that's the second time today I've seen someone use "Big Al" in reference to someone besides Al Jefferson (the other being Thorpe in reference to Al Thornton). I don't like it.

PITTM 11-15-2007 03:49 PM

my player grades right now

boom diz-A
Biedrins-C+
Azabuke-B-
Monta-C
Al Harrington-B+
Pietrus-D+
belanelli-C
Wright-too little info
POB-C-

BobboFitos 11-15-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

boom diz-A
Biedrins-C+
Azabuke-B-
Monta-C
Al Harrington-B+
Pietrus-D+
belanelli-C
Wright-too little info
POB-C-

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I think Azubuike has been better then expected (big shoes to fill) and Monta worse, dunno why you threw POB out there I mean he's not expected to do ANYTHING...

sethypooh21 11-15-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seth, that's the second time today I've seen someone use "Big Al" in reference to someone besides Al Jefferson (the other being Thorpe in reference to Al Thornton). I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's required by law that anyone who goes by "Al" rather tan Allen be referred to as "Big"

and since I own both Al and Big Al in our league, I can talk about them anyway I please...

PITTM 11-15-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

boom diz-A
Biedrins-C+
Azabuke-B-
Monta-C
Al Harrington-B+
Pietrus-D+
belanelli-C
Wright-too little info
POB-C-

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I think Azubuike has been better then expected (big shoes to fill) and Monta worse, dunno why you threw POB out there I mean he's not expected to do ANYTHING...

[/ QUOTE ]

I threw POB in because I was 100% sure he would be an F. Since he isn't I am completely shocked. I DEF dont think monta deserves less than a C and I think we're seeing too much monta hate. His switching hands layup was play of the night last night. Yeah, probably should have went B+ instead of B- for expectation vs results reasons for whatchagonnaduke.

Chris Daddy Cool 11-15-2007 05:45 PM

god, will the warriors ever win a game this season? i get so depressed about them sometimes. reminds me of the year before last when i had season tickets when they would just find ways to blow games.

the only real positive notes has been baron (obviously) and azubuike.

harrington is shooting the ball well but it overmatched on defense. monta has regressed badly this year. i am still hopeful for biedrins. his numbers still look good averaging almost a double-double, but just watching him you can see he has lots to work on still.

at least i am still convinced this team is better than seatle though.

offTopic 11-15-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am still hopeful for biedrins. his numbers still look good averaging almost a double-double, but just watching him you can see he has lots to work on still.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what constitutes "normal" for the development of a big guy, because, as a Warriors fan, I don't think I've ever seen it happen. However, what I think is happening to Biedrins this year is, as he's expanding his game, be it ever so slightly, he's starting to think/hesitate, and it's hurting him.

In the past, they pretty much wouldn't give him the ball unless he was right by the hoop, so he could get an easy dunk. Now, he's added this little 5-6' jump hook, and he's getting the ball a step farther away. When this happens it looks like he's thinking, "Do I shoot it here? Do I take a step and try to dunk?" This split-second is enough time for (a) him to fumble the pass (b) allow the defense to recover.

AllinDan 11-19-2007 05:35 AM

bump for winning streak! If we can beat the knicks the w's will carry a nice 3 gamer into what looks like it'll be an amazingly entertaining game at Boston

offTopic 11-19-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump for winning streak! If we can beat the knicks the w's will carry a nice 3 gamer into what looks like it'll be an amazingly entertaining game at Boston

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I go away for a weekend and there's no mention when they get off the schneid? Were the other 3 W fans also out of town? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

kidcolin 11-19-2007 03:24 PM

meh, when S-Jax is the heart and soul of your squad, is there really a whole lot to get excited about?

AllinDan 11-19-2007 08:09 PM

wait, I don't get it. STEPHEN [censored] JACKSON is the heart and soul of the team, how can you not be excited?

offTopic 11-19-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, when S-Jax is the heart and soul of your squad, is there really a whole lot to get excited about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, if they keep feeding him a steady diet of Powerade and mood stabilizers, who knows what can be achieved?!?!

PITTM 11-20-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh I might be as excited today as I have been since the start of the season. However, tomorrows game is going to be like 10000000000x tonights game. Warriors-celtics is like the sickest matchup evarrrr.

edit: these 430 games are rad cause i can talk my boss into letting me leave at 330.

kidcolin 11-20-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: these 430 games are rad cause i can talk my boss into letting me leave at 330.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm totally peacing out early tomorrow, and delaying my trip to the sis's in SF just to sit in and watch this one. Warriors could be a tough match up, especially with Baron playing at this level (though he's chucking too much, but that'll never change). Rondo couldn't stay in front of TJ Ford. Baron is just going to destroy him.

Coaching could be a problem, too. This is the kinda game where Doc can think too much and try to counter Nellieball. F that. Just do what you do. Inside-out game, pick and rolls and pick and pops with KG. All day.

offTopic 11-20-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warriors could be a tough match up, especially with Baron playing at this level (though he's chucking too much, but that'll never change).

[/ QUOTE ]

There's chucking and there's chucking...I like the 16 FGA and 4 3PA Baron better than the 20 FGA and 6.5 3PA. He's just not a good enough shooter to be taking that many 3s.

Hopefully they take care of business tonight...no excuse for not putting the Knicks away early, given how they're in disarray right now.

offTopic 11-21-2007 12:58 AM

LOL @ MSG chanting "Fire Isiah" in the second quarter

AllinDan 11-21-2007 01:26 PM

alright boys, we got a date with KG tonight!! let's get excited!!!

*please to be showing the game on HD tonight

PITTM 11-21-2007 03:09 PM

beat: still no fsn hd in santa cruz.

Chris Daddy Cool 11-21-2007 09:06 PM

so, how much should i bet on the warriors tonight?!!?!?!?!

offTopic 11-22-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, how much should i bet on the warriors tonight?!!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was Boston laying 30? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]