Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bumvertising (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=257311)

DougShrapnel 11-10-2006 04:00 PM

Bumvertising

As a conscientious capitalist. I want to pay bums to hold up signs advertising for other conscientious businesses instead of their spare some change signs. It doesn't make business sense to pay them minimum wage. So I want to get an exception from the state to legally hire these persons and not effect thier unmployment status, and whatever benefits that the state affords them. Can I get an exception for my business? Should I be able to?

In addition I would like to create an entire class of jobs that pay below the minimum wage, that still allows people to collect the dole. Are you for or against that?

Brainwalter 11-10-2006 04:07 PM

Re: Bumvertising

exploitatiaments

NeBlis 11-10-2006 04:14 PM

two questions.

1: how is giving someone spare crack money to stop harrassing the public explotation?

2: Why on earth would I want to associate my business with a bum?

NeBlis

DougShrapnel 11-10-2006 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
exploitatiaments

[/ QUOTE ] How in the world is this explotation?

DougShrapnel 11-10-2006 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
two questions.

1: how is giving someone spare crack money to stop harrassing the public explotation?

2: Why on earth would I want to associate my business with a bum?

NeBlis

[/ QUOTE ]As a special employer I would probably implement some drug testing procedure. And work with the state to provide drug consouling to addicts. Many business would jump at the chance to get a public image as helping the less fortunate. Was McDonalds living on mars when they decided to start the Ronald McDonald house charities? Is every business owner that has a Jerrys Kid's bucket at the cash register stupid?

QuadsOverQuads 11-10-2006 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a conscientious capitalist

[/ QUOTE ]

False premise, by definition.

q/q

DougShrapnel 11-10-2006 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a conscientious capitalist

[/ QUOTE ]

False premise, by definition.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]Humourous, but not true.

SNOWBALL 11-10-2006 04:38 PM

bums definitely make more than minimum wage.

Stu Pidasso 11-10-2006 04:40 PM

Hi Doug

I don't think you would get any bums to hold advertisements for minimum wage. A good pan handler can make up to $300 a day.

Stu

bkholdem 11-10-2006 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a conscientious capitalist. I want to pay bums to hold up signs advertising for other conscientious businesses instead of their spare some change signs. It doesn't make business sense to pay them minimum wage. So I want to get an exception from the state to legally hire these persons and not effect thier unmployment status, and whatever benefits that the state affords them. Can I get an exception for my business? Should I be able to?

In addition I would like to create an entire class of jobs that pay below the minimum wage, that still allows people to collect the dole. Are you for or against that?

[/ QUOTE ]

One practical problem you will encounter is that they currently earn more than minimum wage in CASH under the table so to speak and do not pay taxes on that money. And their collecting all their various welfare monies are still in place while doing this. So you would have to make it profitable to them or your plan is impractical even if everyone else agrees it should happen.