Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   lol you can't trick me (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519653)

HOWMANY 10-10-2007 03:48 AM

lol you can\'t trick me

Villain is peachy. I have never seen her get out of line against me and she has never seen me get out of line against her as far as I can remember. I have also never seen her coldcall. The initial pfr is pretty taggy but the BB here is hopped up on goofballs and will come to life at random moments, going insane so I'm guessing she'll call with some hands here to get into pots with him. The poor nit obviously has AT or KTs or something and somehow thinks it has a shot. I play like a superstar and check the river to stop the peachy hammer?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.33 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero ?

Enon 10-10-2007 04:06 AM

Re: lol you can\'t trick me

Hello A9 or AT of spades.

Bet river. If she checkraises river its super easy fold.

DeathDonkey 10-10-2007 06:29 AM

Agree with Enon, I would also grit my teeth and raise the turn in a 3 way pot.

-DeathDonkey

peachy 10-10-2007 07:33 AM

haha all I have to say is...I gotta nutty on the hand for a number of reasons - mainly cause im playing all NL tounrys while in this game hahah and cause I HATE the other guy GGRRRR

what i had was shameful....and serves me right cold calling when I never do haha i dropped limits when i play the tournaments and take care of my mom....it makes me get quite frisky!! MEOW!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

at least my stupidness paid off in the end!!! SORTA!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I still claim temporary insanity from hate for a player!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ggbman 10-10-2007 10:03 AM

At least your smiley-word ratio is the highest on 2p2, take comfort in that. (yes i am jealous of your limit HE abilities Mer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

peachy 10-10-2007 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At least your smiley-word ratio is the highest on 2p2, take comfort in that. (yes i am jealous of your limit HE abilities Mer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt everyone?!?!?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Heisenb3rg 10-10-2007 01:55 PM

If peachy is cold calling anything with 5x in it, TT, 99 or 33 pay her off (its a pretty easy fold to a c/r).

My guess is its way more likely A9/ATs/mental error

you have an overlay from the other player, even if peachy has nothing... You could get 2 bets if you bet...

I bet , mainly because of the fact she cc'd preflop..

Plus, ud call a bet wouldnt you? Its not like she would really outplay you, unless you call the check/raise, or she check/raise bluffed you and you folded.

emerson 10-10-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is peachy. I have never seen her get out of line against me and she has never seen me get out of line against her as far as I can remember. I have also never seen her coldcall. The initial pfr is pretty taggy but the BB here is hopped up on goofballs and will come to life at random moments, going insane so I'm guessing she'll call with some hands here to get into pots with him. The poor nit obviously has AT or KTs or something and somehow thinks it has a shot. I play like a superstar and check the river to stop the peachy hammer?

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.33 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you didn't raise the turn, you didn't know whether MP has a set of tens. But the check on the river probably indicates AT of spades and not tens full. I think you should bet the river. The pot size may get you two calls. I doubt either player is going for a check raise here because you slowed down on the turn and they'd have to be afraid you'd check behind if they checked a strong hand.

I think you should have raised the turn. It is now big pot basic, no longer a hand reading hand. Charge the max to pairs with Ace or King overcards. Don't try to save bets. Keep the foot on the gas.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-10-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why she would check any of these hands to him on the river.

joker122 10-10-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why she would check any of these hands to him on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

because ppl. go nuts with top pair + nut draw on the turn even if they know it's very likely they are against an overpair and their equity doesn't justify their actions. it's especially true when the pot is 3 handed, in which case the action they are giving is not as bad but still -ev. and then they get to the river and realize they didn't hit one of their 15 outs and freeze up because opponent still has that overpair.