Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Brace on my wrist TURBO (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557718)

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 07:56 PM

Re: Brace on my wrist TURBO

[ QUOTE ]
I think making it to D2 with 2 live peeks ought to be enough to produce a win > %75.

Making it to D3 usually means the village only has to clear 1 player ftw, which should pretty much always happen but doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the point dustin. the majority of the time, seer will make it to day 2, so all the fps bs fakeseer crap is usually more of a distraction than a help

DustinG 11-30-2007 07:59 PM

it shouldn't be a distraction if im able to just do it and be left alone

and I don't want to hear the argument that it allows me to live longer as a wolf, because I am pretty much never wolfy enough to be lynched D1 or D2 anyways

metsandfinsfan 11-30-2007 08:00 PM

yes you are

DustinG 11-30-2007 08:06 PM

your mom maybe, but not me

drzen 11-30-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And in general I think too many people put too much emphasis on wolf hunting, and not enough on clearing villagers and using process of elimination to find wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally true imo.

drzen 11-30-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people should stop worrying about their own metagame, and doing this to help the 1 game in 9 or whatever that they're a seer. Since everything you do to help your seer meta hurts your village meta, you're f'ing up your villager games to help your seer game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree with this too, and this is why I hate dusting's fake-seer game.

drzen 11-30-2007 11:31 PM

Dusting remains the best wolf in a turbo though imo

lastchance 11-30-2007 11:43 PM

Fake peeks = good idea.

If you can be read as seer, you can be read as NOT seer. Being read as NOT seer is not a good thing for village, it is a BAD thing.

Faking peeks basically makes you read as NOT seer while still finding easy ways to lay peeks down.

Very simple, very effective. It's just trying to freeroll whenever you can (and yes, I try to freeroll whenever I can).

Also, the drawback is getting blinders. For one day. D1. Of a turbo. Does anyone really think this is a big drawback?

drzen 12-01-2007 12:00 AM

The drawback to FPing is that villagers cannot correctly read you. If you share the philosophy that the game is about villagers finding villagers more than villagers finding wolves, that's a bad thing.

lastchance 12-01-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The drawback to FPing is that villagers cannot correctly read you. If you share the philosophy that the game is about villagers finding villagers more than villagers finding wolves, that's a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I always discount this because it's basically the goal of my wolf game (along with lynching villagers, LDO).

Either way, yes, this is a drawback. You're slightly less readable because of it, but giving off the fake peeks should disguise villager-seer more than villager-wolf.

Of course, the more subtly done it is, the better, but I mean, in turbos, you really not going to be subtle.

And in any case, I don't think fake peeks make you that much less readable (in terms of villager-power role). Just gets the peeks out there without having to pussyfoot around them.