Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rudy is toast? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556716)

foal 11-29-2007 01:01 AM

Re: Rudy is toast?

So apparently saying "No one cares about McCain, he has no support" is fine, but saying "Ron Paul has no support" is trolling/retarded?

AlexM 11-29-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No AC'ers interested in McCain.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, dragging AC in where it has nothing to do with anything is your only means of defending your point just shows how weak your point is. Go, go ad hominems!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you say that Paul has the support of nobody?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trolling or actual retardation? I'm leaning towards option 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find it hard to believe that someone who supports the candidate polling at around 5% scoffs at the support of a candidate polling twice that. McCain has no support? How about Paul? It's a fair non-trolling only somewhat retarded question.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you wanted to talk about that, you could have chosen to do so. Instead, you blatantly "misinterpreted" what I said as a "joke" which means you were trolling or you actually didn't understand what I said, which means it was retarded. I do love your attempt to completely redirect what you said into something else entirely though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I'm confused. What did I redirect??? Twice I questioned how you could claim that McCain has the support of nobody yet I can practically guarantee you wouldn't say the same of Paul (who is polling quite a bit lower than McCain.)

btw your "joke" didn't come off as a "joke" at all (know idea why that word is in quotes) and even if I try to read it as a "joke" it was entirely unfunny. Maybe that's why it was in quotes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at this over again, I realize that I completely misunderstood your original post, so I guess I'm the retard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, to answer your original question, just because someone has polling numbers doesn't mean anyone gives a damn. McCain certaily has people who will vote for him, but do they care? Are they getting out there and trying to convince people to vote for him or raising money? Do they care? Obviously not. Ron Paul's "supporters" may number less than McCain's (if you believe the polls, which I don't), but those supporters Paul does have obviously care more than anyone else's. In 2000, McCain had people who cared, but now they don't, which is why his support and campaign has nothing but go downhill all year. If Giuliani gets knocked out, McCain's supporters just don't care enough to be able to take advantage of it in any meaningful way.

And none of this has anything to do with Ron Paul!

AlexM 11-29-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So apparently saying "No one cares about McCain, he has no support" is fine, but saying "Ron Paul has no support" is trolling/retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not why I said that, I thought he was saying something entirely different than what he actually said.

foal 11-29-2007 01:16 AM

I see. Carry on.

owsley 11-29-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't calling the statement "Ron Paul has no support" trolling, I was calling bluffthis' AC hijack trolling.

Ineedaride2 11-29-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, dragging AC in where it has nothing to do with anything is your only means of defending your point just shows how weak your point is. Go, go ad hominems!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IRL... not much. they are taking message boards over by storm tho

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen an "elect ______" sign for ANYBODY except Ron Paul in my part of Georgia, yet he's got at least a dozen signs up in my part of the state.

He has plenty of internet support, but it's not ALL internet support, despite what you want to believe.

EvanJC 11-29-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
IRL... not much. they are taking message boards over by storm tho

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen an "elect ______" sign for ANYBODY except Ron Paul in my part of Georgia, yet he's got at least a dozen signs up in my part of the state.

He has plenty of internet support, but it's not ALL internet support, despite what you want to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto iowa

foal 11-29-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't calling the statement "Ron Paul has no support" trolling, I was calling bluffthis' AC hijack trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I was talking to Alex, sorry if I made it a reply to your post.
I don't think BluffThis was close to trolling either, but w/e.