Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Next Great American Band (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527051)

StellarWind 11-18-2007 02:58 AM

Re: Next Great American Band

I was stunned when Franklin Bridge was eliminated.

In a way I've been very lucky. It's not often you discover that you have no idea what you are doing and it doesn't cost you any money. Maybe no one should listen to me about TNGAB.

When Sixwire introduced "I Keep Forgettin" I thought they had made a great choice.

Or not [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. This is a very emotional song about a brokenhearted man. Somehow Sixwire overlooked this and produced a really bland cover that lost the spark of the song.

I suppose they still sounded good and they won't be hurt by this performance. But you only get so many opportunities in life and they just missed one.

The Clark Brothers were sharp but I'm uncertain that focusing on gospel is the way to win. But maybe that doesn't matter. Keep this up and I have to believe the gospel labels will be standing in line for these guys.

kylephilly 11-19-2007 04:32 PM

Disappointed to see FB go

stereoman 11-22-2007 06:18 AM

Hmmm. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if The Clark Brothers won because I suppose Syco would love to get it's fingers into each and every possible pie. Sixwire could very well be a red herring like Chris Daughtry was over at American Idol.

Updated odds from Bet365:

Sixwire 2/1
The Clark Brothers 5/2
Dot Dot Dot 4/1
Light of Doom 5/1
Tres Bien 15/2
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra 9/1
Cliff Wagner and the Old #7 15/1

TimTimSalabim 11-24-2007 06:37 PM

I think I've done a 180 on the Clark Bros, that interpretation of the Stones song last night was pure genius.

It might just come down to them and Sixwire, because although the other bands have interesting twists to them, none of them are in the same talent league as these two. The DDD is guitarist is decent, but please God could the judges stop gushing over her as if she was Eddie Van Halen.

stereoman 11-27-2007 01:05 AM

The Clark Brothers 11/8
Sixwire 2/1
Dot Dot Dot 11/2
Tres Bien 13/2
Light of Doom 8/1
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra 10/1

pete fabrizio 11-28-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Clark Brothers 11/8
Sixwire 2/1
Dot Dot Dot 11/2
Tres Bien 13/2
Light of Doom 8/1
Denver and the Mile High Orchestra 10/1

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Clark Brothers are by far the best band on the show. Their Stones performance was easily the best by anyone this season. Sixwire has talent, but they're way too generic and I can see why they failed commercially the first time. All the others are chumps and I mostly fast-forward through them after a few bars.

That said, I'm still not sure 11/8 is a good price. With the 20+% overlay in those odds, none of them really look good to me.

pete fabrizio 12-01-2007 04:54 AM

rod stewart week... so bad. I would pretty much rather gouge out my eyes than listen to any of the bands on this show other than the Clark bros.

pete fabrizio 12-01-2007 04:56 AM

i can't wait for american idol.