Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   $5k HU sng im lost (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387125)

yellowsub 04-24-2007 12:41 PM

$5k HU sng im lost

no real read, seems solid

PokerStars Game #9584194738: Tournament #48644069, $5000+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2007/04/24 - 12:36:47 (ET)
Table '48644069 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Iftarii (1410 in chips)
Seat 2: yellowsub86 (1590 in chips)
Iftarii: posts small blind 10
yellowsub86: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to yellowsub86 [Jh Jc]
Iftarii: raises 40 to 60
yellowsub86: raises 140 to 200
Iftarii: calls 140
*** FLOP *** [5s 6h 7c]
yellowsub86: bets 200
Iftarii: calls 200
*** TURN *** [5s 6h 7c] [Ac]
yellowsub86: checks
Iftarii: bets 222
yellowsub86:

dboy23 04-24-2007 01:03 PM

Re: $5k HU sng im lost

this does look like an ace most of the time. I probably give up. Since you have 1000 behind I see no reason to put that in likely behind.

ChicagoRy 04-24-2007 01:16 PM

Does Iftarii bet anything that is not beating JJ if Sub calls the turn and checks the river? I don't think that he will be bluffing the river a very high % and depending on what he's calling 3-bets with, I think most everything sub is beating checks behind on a river, putting sub on some sort of pot control type hand that is check calling down after the flop. Besides, you have 900 still if you call this turn bet, 1100 if you don't, given you SHOULD be behind so much if he bets behind on the river, I might be inclined to call this and check/fold the river in this particular spot.

trambopoline 04-27-2007 10:14 PM

Meh, this is why I stopped playing hu sngs. If this is a cash game, call all day baby and reload if you're beat. IMO the flop bet should be more like 300-350, but 200 is ok. As played Id probably fold with no reads on him

P.S. I am the king of flips

Turbofly 04-28-2007 01:08 AM

I assume that your low flopbet is an attempt to induce a raise. This would be a great flop for villain to raise, if he wanted to take the aggro line. I know it's a little thing, but i think 220-240 is a better inducing bet. Cant explain, just my experience at mid stakes (400-1000).

Turn is gross, so is his bet. I think he checks 99-KK behind a lot, allthough he could try to buy a cheap showdown.
The real concern is whether he's holding hands that beat us like AK, AQ and A5-8(last ones not very likely) or a combodraw with pair and OESD.
I hate giving a free card, but i'll end up just calling and try to interpret his riveraction.
If the river blanks, i'll probably check/fold if he bets small and check/call if he bets big. (Hate that villain can just reverse strong and weak patterns so easily, but that's the situation we're in here).
Also, his bet can be a feeler, destined to analyze your holding and deciding whether to bluff river.

ChicagoRy 04-28-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cant explain, just my experience at mid stakes (400-1000).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, those are so very mid-stakes turbo.

cwar 04-28-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, his bet can be a feeler, destined to analyze your holding and deciding whether to bluff river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I agree I dont think anything good can come from calling because he will probably make a good decision whether to bluff or not if he does in fact have a combo draw. The only thing I can see is check raising if you feel he can lay AT which I think is his most likely ace seeing as he would most likely 4bet AK/AQ preflop (right?). Seems like a stretch but its definitely possible at this level to have a villain you would do this against.

Turbofly 04-28-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I agree I dont think anything good can come from calling because he will probably make a good decision whether to bluff or not if he does in fact have a combo draw. The only thing I can see is check raising if you feel he can lay AT which I think is his most likely ace seeing as he would most likely 4bet AK/AQ preflop (right?). Seems like a stretch but its definitely possible at this level to have a villain you would do this against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then u don't agree totally [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I want to CALL turn, because i feel like most of them time, he'll bet strong on the river with a bluff and small with minimum an A. This is if the river blanks.

MychCumstien 04-28-2007 07:36 PM

Easy call.

Villain bets 222 into an 800 pot giving you almost 5-1 to call. I'm not folding JJ here.

His bet screams feeler bet to me. Either that or a draw.

If he had a lock hand I think he'd bet more to protect it with the draws out there. If he has an Ace I think he bets more here as well, closer to half pot, same with the str8.

This is a tough spot. I don't like C/Ring here as much as a call, but if you do C/R, you might as well push, as he'll otherwise have the odds to call with many hands if you don't.

I say call the turn, and lead out on the river for about 1/3 - 1/4 pot, i.e. block bet representing a value bet; maybe 300-350. I know many of you may not agree with this, but I think it's the only way to win this pot with the least amount of risk. Also, I think you may still be ahead here much of the time.

If you check on the river, I think he'll bet almost every time whether he has it or not.

APXG 04-29-2007 12:50 AM

I'd raise less PF, flop bet 3/4 on that board. On the turn, if you're thinking anything other than check-fold, I'd fire twice b.c. the check-call / check-raise is essentially for value, which is specialty play that can't be executed profitably without reads. While sacrificing value, a 1/2 pot turn lead is a perfect block given no reads assuming your flop lead range includes a ton of aces. He just can't profitably take you off the best hand (with a draw) when your hand is defined as at least a pair essentially always and he has 8 outs.

I'd still check-fold though if this guy isn't tricky enough to merit the block.