Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Party 600nl uuuuuuugh (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524824)

teh_mewse 10-17-2007 06:23 AM

Party 600nl uuuuuuugh

Party Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $576.80
Hero (BB): $1,000.64

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, SB calls $15

Flop: ($42) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, SB calls $36

Turn: ($114) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $174</font>, SB calls $114

River: ($462) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $345.80 and is All-In</font>

Hero?

Note the heads up. This isn't a heads up table, its a 6 max that died fast so villian may not be used to hu play. I have him 23/12/3 so obviously some open limping (donkish). On the turn i wanted to push him off any of the draws, cause he easily could have called the flop with KJ, QJ, JT, etc and now have an open ender. I was pretty certain he would bet if checked to, and his bet size to me made it look like an open ended straight draw with a pair... something medium strength with a nice little draw. I think he would bet a flush draw much bigger and try and take it down right there. So when the river blanked for the straight draw, i figured i'd let him bluff to me, and no point in betting into someone if they either have nothing (kills their chance to bluff) or just hit a monster (cause if they call or raise you're beat)

Anyways, i'm a little high so gimme a break on any spelling. Thoughts?

zio_slim 10-17-2007 07:20 AM

Re: Party 600nl uuuuuuugh

so you called, why the "Hero?" question?

Anyway it looks fine to me.
I wouldn't discard the chance he has a flush tho, QJdd/Q9dd is a part of his range...

teh_mewse 10-17-2007 07:32 AM

well i was also wondering about the turn check raise. I've been talking about this one in #msnl with someone whose opinion i respect and he thinks the best play is just leading the turn for 85$. I didn't argue, thats the best play most of the time, but in this situation i felt a check raise can't be bad. He felt it was bad on all accounts not even close. Other thoughts on that?

jj12 10-17-2007 07:58 AM

teh, I would b/f turn for 3/4 pot. If he smooth calls I will c/c on a blank river fold on a river that completes the diamond draw.

FionnMac 10-17-2007 08:02 AM

seems a weird turn to c/r, i'd usually b/f

j4lvlie 10-17-2007 08:52 AM

i call that down but wouldent be surprised to see you beat.

MDMA 10-17-2007 08:56 AM

Can somebody [censored] ban j4lvlie already, he's clogging BOTH HSNL and MSNL now with his mass-BS-replies.

zio_slim 10-17-2007 09:24 AM

JJ/Fionn,
I guess this is very player dependant, but bet/folding turn here in HU is a leak IMHO; if you play that way there's a ton of drawing hands that a player with AF=3 would raise heavily on the turn.
If villain really isn't used to HU play, maybe b/f turn is correct, but if he has adjusted I'm def going broke here...

teh,
If you don't want to be pushed off the hand, just check-call turn; maybe the person who adviced you meant to bet 85$ to induce a shove then call...
Your checkraise isn't very standard, but yet I like it again some villains.

ArturiusX 10-17-2007 10:13 AM

I really don't get the c/r on the turn here by you.

Requin 10-17-2007 11:03 AM

I think you need way too many of your assumptions to pan out here for this to be a good play, you just don't have a strong enough read to do this.