Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557542)

ClassicBob 11-30-2007 12:22 AM

Re: *****OFFICIAL DALLAS COWBOYS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS 11/29/07 THREAD*

Why is Favre going to the locker room now?

Seems really lame, unless there's a real reason that I haven't heard.

Golden_Rhino 11-30-2007 12:23 AM

Game is pretty much over. Do fans of either team come out of this ecstatic about their team?

Needle77 11-30-2007 12:25 AM

Finally saw that PI and that was pretty damn bad.

Ugh, go for it boys, don't ruin my Pack +8!!

Folk you better miss this.

ClassicBob 11-30-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Game is pretty much over. Do fans of either team come out of this ecstatic about their team?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very pleased with our offense, meh about our defense.

So, about the same as I've felt all season.

I'm also ecstatic about the fact that we have essentially a 2 game lead with 4 to play for NFC home field advantage, assuming we hold on.

GMan42 11-30-2007 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I feel about the way I have about the Cowboys all season...love the offense, puke a bit in my mouth occasionally watching the defense. Still hoping to make the SB and only lose by 20 to the Pats.

ut2010 11-30-2007 12:27 AM

Well Dallas is going to be the #1 seed with a great shot at the Super Bowl. Offense is great. Secondary is shotty. Still better than what the rest of the NFC has to offer. Not perfect but imo #2 team in the league.

Emmitt2222 11-30-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, as a Cowboys fan we were obviously outplaying the Pack. But, the fact of the matter is that is should have been a blowout with a great team. I have no complaints though. A win is a win and I am happy. This team has a year or two to grow and I think great things can happen [if Brady has an aneurysm].

ClassicBob 11-30-2007 12:29 AM

Keith Davis just trucked some fool!!!!!!!

ZeTurd 11-30-2007 12:29 AM

Lol, love that hit.

ut2010 11-30-2007 12:30 AM

At least Rodgers gets to pad his numbers.

bottomset 11-30-2007 12:32 AM

has Dallas finally realized that Barber should be getting 2/3rds the carries?

BCPVP 11-30-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Atari Bigby reminds me of Ahmad Carrol

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that earlier in the thread. He's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
First year he's started, guys. He's had a few bad games, but he's had some pretty good games and is usually a good hitter.

Emmitt2222 11-30-2007 12:33 AM

If nothing else, even with that dominate Patriots team, I feel great about our team. Any other season we may even go all the way. Just bring that D up a notch in the offseason Wade.

AncientPC 11-30-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barber > Jones, but I like Barber coming off the bench rather than starting.

Futtocked 11-30-2007 12:39 AM

been waiting a long time for this, feels so great to be where we are after the climb they've made the last several years.

that said, the due theory scares me come playoff time...

ClassicBob 11-30-2007 12:47 AM

ESPN is so dumb.

Twice now, they've asked the question "Has Romo erased the ghosts of the Seahawks/Patriots games?"

al;wpwqouiegthaopegh

lastchance 11-30-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Remember when it was 4th and 1 or 2 early in the game and they gave the ball to Jones?

theclock 11-30-2007 12:50 AM

Questionable officiating. The refs screwed GB a few times. PI calls, non 1st down calls etc... pretty brutal.

ClassicBob 11-30-2007 12:51 AM

Also,

Like Daunte Culpepper from 2004, Romo is going to put up a historic season passing the ball, only to be eclipsed by the greatest statistical season of all time.

timmay28 11-30-2007 12:54 AM

Anybody as impressed with Rogers as I am?

Kid is good. If the Packers have any hopes of advancing in the playoffs they need to tell the old man that his time has come to give it up - now.

dlk9s 11-30-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Atari Bigby reminds me of Ahmad Carrol

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that earlier in the thread. He's just stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
First year he's started, guys. He's had a few bad games, but he's had some pretty good games and is usually a good hitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he has not had any good games. I've watched every one. I told my friend I was watching with at the beginning of the game that Bigby is one of the worst players I've ever seen and he didn't disappoint.

Aside from a couple questionable calls, the bottom line of this game was the health of the Packers defense. I didn't think missing Woodson would mean so much, but it did. Not having KGB, Jolly, and Cole on the DL hurt a lot, too, as they were never able to pressure Romo at all.

The offense got going after a half of terrible blocking by the OL and bizarre play calling in the first quarter and a half (yeah, let's go long every other play). Granted, Favre made a couple throws that he should not have made, but he was on his ass every play, too.

I expected the Packers to lose (I did tell my wife before the game that they'd have to put up 40 points to win), but I didn't expect such an odd game. The Cowboys dominated, yet the Packers somehow hung around. Very weird. Hopefully, Favre will be ok and the defense can get healthy. It should be a much better game if these two teams meet in the playoffs.

dlk9s 11-30-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Kid is good. If the Packers have any hopes of advancing in the playoffs they need to tell the old man that his time has come to give it up - now.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Levelometer must need adjusting. I can't tell if you are joking or if this is the only Packers game you've seen this year.

Zutroy 11-30-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping Favre would retire at the beginning of this year and give Rodgers a chance to play but I was terribly wrong. Favre has been playing ridiculously well this year and I don't think one game will change that. Rodgers is looking good for the future or as a backup, but Favre should still be starting.

timmay28 11-30-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My Levelometer must need adjusting. I can't tell if you are joking or if this is the only Packers game you've seen this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

This guy has a very good arm, seems to have a high IQ for a rookie because 99.9% of them either throw an interception or eff up somehow in a game like this, and he hit everyone in stride. He only got sacked because he's not quite familiar with the routes yet.

Put him in now and he is better than Favre by the playoffs. Favre WILL choke in Dallas again, he's had a history of being a bad away gamer.

dlk9s 11-30-2007 01:07 AM

Ok.

Jay Riall 11-30-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

This guy has a very good arm, seems to have a high IQ for a rookie because 99.9% of them either throw an interception or eff up somehow in a game like this, and he hit everyone in stride. He only got sacked because he's not quite familiar with the routes yet.

Put him in now and he is better than Favre by the playoffs. Favre WILL choke in Dallas again, he's had a history of being a bad away gamer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I love the fact that the average sports fan has the memory of a goldfish.

dlk9s 11-30-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I love the fact that the average sports fan has the memory of a goldfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peyton Manning should have obviously been demoted after his playoff losses and then cut after his recent 6 INT game, AMIRITE?

bottomset 11-30-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Remember when it was 4th and 1 or 2 early in the game and they gave the ball to Jones?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a slow process, they just need it in place by the playoffs

BCPVP 11-30-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm impressed that he played fairly well, made good decisions, didn't cough up the ball and showed some good mobility, but you're [censored] nuts if you think Rodgers would be better in the playoffs than Favre. Every time the Packers lose, people like you start beating the drum about how old and washed up he is and yet he's having a better season so far than Peyton Manning.

Don't take this too personally. It's just that I hear this kind of stuff from people on the radio after every loss and it's pretty aggravating when they only come out of the woodwork after a loss.

So yeah, Rodgers had a decent game and made it competitive and I'm hopeful about our prospects when he gets his chance, but he ain't Brett Favre. Yet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

wrschultz 11-30-2007 01:24 AM

~

So my friend finally found a really nice stream, but the commentary was in Danish. Oh well.

GO COWBOYS BABY

Spellmen 11-30-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rookie huh? Yeah, you seem to be pretty on the ball

BCPVP 11-30-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, he has not had any good games. I've watched every one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bull [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
I told my friend I was watching with at the beginning of the game that Bigby is one of the worst players I've ever seen and he didn't disappoint.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're crazy. He's second on the defense in tackles (71), tied for first in forced fumbles (3) and has an int. IN HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING. And he can lay a hit on people, which the Packers have lacked in the secondary since Sharper was good. The comparisons to Ahmad Carroll are way off. Carroll sucks and doesn't even play anymore.

timmay28 11-30-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rookie huh? Yeah, you seem to be pretty on the ball

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm sorry. He's a seasoned veteran, all 6 official games he's played.

wtf?

CharlieDontSurf 11-30-2007 01:50 AM

Dallas is pretty much a lock to make it to the superbowl...more so than NE.

Jason Garret won't be on the Dallas sideline after this year.

Romo is the [censored].

Farve sucks at Dallas stadium

cmstaab 11-30-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he's smart enough to realize the Dallas job is his in a year or two rather than jumping ship for a [censored] situation like St. Louis. Jerry Jones could help out by paying him a head coaches salary in the meantime too.

Golden_Rhino 11-30-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bull [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
I told my friend I was watching with at the beginning of the game that Bigby is one of the worst players I've ever seen and he didn't disappoint.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're crazy. He's second on the defense in tackles (71), tied for first in forced fumbles (3) and has an int. IN HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING. And he can lay a hit on people, which the Packers have lacked in the secondary since Sharper was good. The comparisons to Ahmad Carroll are way off. Carroll sucks and doesn't even play anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was one of the guys that compared him to Carrol. I will admit that it was a bit of an overreaction in the heat of the moment. Carrol was a bust, and Bigby look like he might become a decent player. The problem (which is not his fault) is that this kid should not be starting. He makes some good plays, but then he'll make some plays that are just ridiculously stupid.

Troll_Inc 11-30-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas is pretty much a lock to make it to the superbowl...more so than NE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he'll be able to put the Seahawks/Patriots game behind him?

Troll_Inc 11-30-2007 02:01 AM

Also, before any of you krumpet heads annontate the Cowboys NFC champions, let's review the number of Dallas playoff wins in the last ten years.

Dec. 28, 1996 - NFC Wild Card - Dallas 40, Minnesota 15

Oops...that was over ten years ago.

CharlieDontSurf 11-30-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he's smart enough to realize the Dallas job is his in a year or two rather than jumping ship for a [censored] situation like St. Louis. Jerry Jones could help out by paying him a head coaches salary in the meantime too.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll be the head coach of NYG or SD next year

dlk9s 11-30-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bull [censored]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck Cecil could lay a hit on opponents, too. Too bad both he and Bigby wait until the receiver catches a 15-20 yard pass before they tackle him.

And I've never seen someone commit more ridiculous penalties than Bigby.

I won't compare him to Carroll, because they play different positions, but Bigby is just about as bad at safety as Carroll was a cornerback. And it's not unusual for a safety to be in the top three on his team in tackles.

I don't care if he's in his first year starting. I'm not saying he'll never be good. It's just that he sucks hard right now.