Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   (razz) Funny situation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500616)

RustyBrooks 09-13-2007 10:07 PM

(razz) Funny situation

OK I'm not really looking for too much advice here, but I thought this was kind of funny.

Also I have run the numbers and I figure I'm betweem a small favorite and a huge favorite so probably I should have raised 5th as well. Especially because of the limp-call on 3rd. But oh well.
[Edit I take that back, I am neither a favorite nor a dog on 5th. On 6th I pull ahead of some cards in opponent's likely range]

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.85 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (3.93 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.93 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

(I eliminated 7th because it doesn't matter really)

2461Badugi 09-13-2007 10:18 PM

Re: (razz) Funny situation

Presuming Seat 2 would be aggressive on third with three to a wheel, I'm jamming the hell out of this at every opportunity. Although at 1/2 I guess that's probably a bad idea because you keep running the rake up.

My general rule of table image in Razz is that any opportunity to look like a nutball LAGtard is worth taking.

RustyBrooks 09-13-2007 10:21 PM

One of the reasons I just called 5th and 6th is I wanted to be able to bluff the river if checked to. This seems like another case where the software told them to bet, when the only reason they were going first is arbitrary.

Edit: Maybe that was an optimistic hope. But I did, and the opponent folded.

ChipsAhoya 09-13-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the reasons I just called 5th and 6th is I wanted to be able to bluff the river if checked to. This seems like another case where the software told them to bet, when the only reason they were going first is arbitrary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise every chance you get unless he 3 bets you at which point I guess I'd call down on the streets but it would be so hard for him to have you beat especially w/ him limping and a dead A and 4.

If you just call I feel it makes him less likely to believe your bluff not more.

-ChipsAhoya

SGspecial 09-13-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps he had crap

RustyBrooks 09-13-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
perhaps he had crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Better to let him try to push me out of the hand then, yeah?