Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL - QQ outplayed by a donk? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539326)

thing85 11-05-2007 11:22 PM

50NL - QQ outplayed by a donk?

Villain is 54/25/2.5 over 442 hands.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $90.50
CO: $23.80
Hero (BTN): $49.25
SB: $68.20
BB: $48.45
UTG: $52

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $2</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $11.50</font>, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($23.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($33.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $35</font>, Hero...?

This guy is a complete donkey - WTF is he doing here? His flop lead is inconsistent with him slowplaying a monster like JJ. Then, he slows down on a blank turn, leading me to think he has something like AdKd/AdQd, but he fires back at me. AA and KK are obviously in his range given these moves, but am I good often enough to call?

kurto 11-05-2007 11:35 PM

Re: 50NL - QQ outplayed by a donk?

[ QUOTE ]
His flop lead is inconsistent with him slowplaying a monster like JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean. Betting $5 into a $24 pot... I would say that could constitute slowplaying. He could be doing the old "play weak when strong."

re: the hand. Though a complete donkey, he has 4 bet... even most donkeys don't 4 bet lightly. What is your play here? If you think you're ahead preflop, I'd probably just push preflop.

As played- you have over 60% of your stack in on the turn... why bet 1/2 of your remaining stack left if you're just going to fold to a raise?

As played, I think pot committed yourself.

*** 11-06-2007 03:07 AM

Push preflop and watch all your troubles melt away.

As played think about what flops you are ready to commit on? What hands will get it in with you? I think by calling you commit yourself to stacking off with an overpair, and although the jack is awkward you should probably get it all in and hope that he's worse than you thought. Otherwise there is no point to calling preflop at all since you don't have set odds.

Schiester 11-06-2007 03:57 AM

Donk or not, how often over the last 440 odd hands is he 4betting pf.

If he's 4betting range is JJ+/AK, you just fell way behind. Either raise or fold that flop.

matrix 11-06-2007 07:38 AM

even donks get dealt good hands (thats why they keep playing) and not only that even donks can make what is the right play for the wrong reasons.

Once you flat call the reraise preflop you need to commit to getting all your chips in if you flop an OP.

As played it's probably a fold as his range is JJ+ AK and AK is lots less likely after a turn C/R.

push preflop over his raise.

Unknown Soldier 11-06-2007 07:40 AM

ai pf please. don't bet this turn if you aren't stacking off.

andys0506 11-06-2007 09:08 AM

His 4bet pf worries me - I think I would let this go preflop.
As played, I'd check the turn as JJ/KK/AA do worry me here. Pot control. Check/call any reasonable river bet.

fees 11-06-2007 10:49 AM

5b the preflop, and what US said

Pokerdemic 11-06-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ai pf please. don't bet this turn if you aren't stacking off.

[/ QUOTE ]

donkey or not, is an ai preflop with QQ EV+ against a 4bet? I've never seen villain show up with less than KK+ here, but I have been running into AA lots lately. Doesn't Gelford say that QQ ai pf in NL50 is not ev+?

Profish2285 11-06-2007 11:39 AM

Okay, this guy is playing 54% of his hands pf, raising 25% of em, and has an AF that is reasonably high considering the number of hands he plays. I get it all in pf against someone with those stats because you could easily be looking at JJ/AK and possibly even TT. Normally I wouldnt push QQ pf, but against this guy its the nuts pf. If he has AA/KK its a cooler.