Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   77 with OESD Multiway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550054)

l0gician 11-19-2007 07:21 PM

77 with OESD Multiway

Do I want to raise here or fold? Tables really loose and more on the passive side.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero?

Oink 11-19-2007 07:29 PM

Re: 77 with OESD Multiway

3-bet preflop and you wont be in this spot

Preflop is terrible and its not close. Dont coldcall!

Tryptamean 11-19-2007 07:37 PM

I could see calling preflop if MP is nitty, but whatever, ez 3bet 99% of the time.

As played you should be planning to see the river unless the turn is really [censored] and theres a lot of action in front of you. That means calling flop to start.

numbnuts007 11-19-2007 08:07 PM

pf is a 3 bet fo sho.

As played folding the flop is out of the question. It's either a raise or a call and I'm torn between the two. I'm leaning toward a call to keep UTG in the betting lead in case you hit you can raise. Raising right here has merits to fold out BB and possibly take a free card. Specific reads would be helpful in this spot.

l0gician 11-19-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop and you wont be in this spot

Preflop is terrible and its not close. Dont coldcall!

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely ever cold call and usually 3-bet here or fold if its much smaller. Really not sure what I was thinking but it had something to do with the dynamics at the talbe. Thx for the advice though, I have read tons but I definitely need a massive amount of it reinforced, hence playing at micro stakes and posting here.

istewart 11-19-2007 09:22 PM

I don't think preflop is terrible at all. I think it's probably the right play in this spot. I'd auto 3-bet 99 and probably 3-bet 88, but I don't think I'd ever 3-bet 66, especially not in a .25/.50 game. Cold-calling seems fine and your position is favorable.

On the flop I'd just call. You're not best and your draw isn't well-disguised really.

istewart 11-19-2007 09:23 PM

FWIW I don't mind 3-betting 77 here though.

rzk 11-19-2007 09:32 PM

one reason why you should 3-bet is that you really want that button. just throwing it out there, it's certainly not the only and not the main reason.

another one is getting a free turn if you choose.

l0gician 11-19-2007 09:48 PM

Now that I can look back on the hand 3-bet seems fine but at that moment at the table it didn't seem like anyone was folded anything pre.

bobhalford 11-19-2007 10:47 PM

I like a 3-bet preflop. At these stakes UTG will probably call it, but whatever you probably have the best hand. On the flop, I'd probably just call. It's possible that a ten might give you a second best hand, or give a redraw to anyone with a jack. Also if a club turns you could wind up with a beat flush on the river. With the other player in, I'd probably just play this hand like I'm on a draw. I think if you 3-bet preflop, this hand would be easier to play.