Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tough spot KQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515587)

Isura 10-04-2007 01:38 PM

Tough spot KQ

I found this spot very interesting and tough. SB (villain) is unknown, meaning I have less than 25 hands on him in my PT database. BB is 19/8 or so. I open KQdd in the CO, they call (effective stacks 100bb).

Flop (10bb): Qs Js 4s
I bet 8bb, SB c/r to 25bb, BB folds, I call.

Turn (60bb): 2d
SB bets 30bb (leaving ~75 behind).

1) Is flop standard? I'm slowing down quite a bit with air in this spot against 2 villains, so should I also check some legit hands on such a scary board ?

2) Calling the c/r? I'm getting about 2.5 to 1, and I probably have just enough equity. But I won't always realize this equity. OTOH he'll bluff sometimes, or we can get it in with better equity on a blank turn.

3) Turn. Obviously this is commitment decision. Toughest part of the hand IMO.

TwistedEcho 10-04-2007 01:45 PM

Re: Tough spot KQ

If i call the flop its w/ the plan to get allin on a blank turn. That turn card looks good to me!

I think i probably fold the flop more than i call

riske 10-04-2007 01:45 PM

If I call that raise on the flop, it is to get it in on a blank turn like this one. I like betting this flop against unknows, against tough villains I'd typically check though.

AE6 10-04-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If i call the flop its w/ the plan to get allin on a blank turn. That turn card looks good to me!

I think i probably fold the flop more than i call

[/ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly

Imrahil 10-04-2007 01:47 PM

Either fold flop or call and shove blank turn.

Gorgi24 10-04-2007 01:52 PM

I'm folding the flop most of the time, but the way you played it, I'm betting 20BBs and folding to a shove..

2Paul2 10-04-2007 01:53 PM

1. I might check it sometimes. I think betting is fine to though. There's plenty of value from As/Ks/pp+s/QT/AJ/KJ/TJ etc. Obv more aggro guys will be raising some of those hnds(which makes a check more attractive) but against an unknown an a tighty I think I prefer betting.

2. I'd prolly muck v an unknown. Raises on this type of board just always seem to be so strong esp 3 way.

3. Blah his bet size is weird. Seems like he has a draw or a flush. A set/2pair would tend to bet more on this board. If he had bet more like 3/4pot+ I think I'd fold. As is I'm tempted to shove.

tubasteve 10-04-2007 02:00 PM

i dont really think that calling the flop means you should auto-stack on a blank turn, but i probably would here. i think shoving the turn is best because he'll call with stuff like AJ with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]