Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100 NL: Rivered Straight, Raise? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558481)

czGLoRy 12-01-2007 03:51 AM

100 NL: Rivered Straight, Raise?

Do you shove here? Raise? Call? villain 38/15/2.2

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $81.25
Hero (BB): $100
UTG: $74.15
MP: $79.05
CO: $129.20
BTN: $38

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, 2 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero checks

Flop: ($3) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, SB folds

Turn: ($9) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($9) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $14</font>, <font color="red">

pineapple888 12-01-2007 04:33 AM

Re: 100 NL: Rivered Straight, Raise?

Just call. With a flush and a higher straight out there, it's gonna be tough to get a worse hand to call, and you don't want to reopen the betting.

czGLoRy 12-01-2007 05:25 AM

I think its likely he has a 4 (pretty bad player), but only straight that beats mine is 8 9, which is not in his range (I dont believe. He wouldn't call flop with no draw 9 high)

p.s. did you see I had a "superstraight?"

orange 12-01-2007 05:26 AM

reminiraise.

czGLoRy 12-01-2007 06:18 AM

could you elaborate orange? I am very curious in hearing this:

My thinking: What flush draws does he possibly have? a4d, 46d, 45d I think are all the logical ones, so its a pretty small part of his range. If you min-re raise the river, do you plan on folding to a shove? If so, is it not a better choice to flat call? Why risk being bluffed off the whole pot for $7 more?

Doesn't he only need to bluff shove air, or even value shove his 4 a very small percentage of the time to make min re raising / folding a -EV play, compared to flat calling even?

I believe he would call the shove with any 4, possibly a set. Why re-open the betting to him if we are folding to a shove?

If we are min re raising to induce a bluff, or to call a shove, I like it a lot. But that can't really be said without reads, imo.

I really would like to hear more opinions on this

Burdzthewurd 12-01-2007 06:29 AM

He's not bluff-shoving air after a minraise on the river. It's kinda close if we 3-betminraise and he insta-shovels, I'd probably throw it away but more often than not we're getting called by 4x and scooping the pot than we are being showed a backdoor flush that flopped a pair.

czGLoRy 12-01-2007 06:33 AM

If he bluffs a very small % of the time, we lose a TON of value by mucking (albeit he probably won't bluff too often, but he might shove a 4! He is dumb, loose, why not?)

If most of the time we are getting called by 4x, why not shove? min raise river = not folding usually.

Burdzthewurd 12-01-2007 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he bluffs a very small % of the time, we lose a TON of value by mucking (albeit he probably won't bluff too often, but he might shove a 4! He is dumb, loose, why not?)

If most of the time we are getting called by 4x, why not shove? min raise river = not folding usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh it's player-dependent. If you think he fist-pumps a shove with just a 4 on the river, by all means do it, I just think his calling range would be tighter to a shove. Minraise is just assuring us we get a call most of the time. I only say bluff % is nearly 0 because I don't see people minraising/shoving river with air at this low of stakes; much more likely to just shove river.

JFsports 12-01-2007 06:40 AM

I'd 3-bet, he has a 4 way way more often than 98 or a flush. And players this loose don't fold a 4.

my1ifesavins 12-01-2007 06:46 AM

3bet small to extract from a 4... fold to 4bet