Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hands per hour (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541491)

KenProspero 11-08-2007 05:17 PM

Hands per hour

I'm sure this has been covered, and it's just my poor search skills, so I apologize in advance ...

How many hands per hour on average are dealt:

Auto Shuffler

Dealer Shuffler

My guess is 45/30, and am wondering how close I am.

Rottersod 11-08-2007 05:23 PM

Re: Hands per hour

I have never see anywheres close to 45 hands per hour with an auto-shuffler. My guess is it's closer to 30/22.

SellingtheDrama 11-08-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never see anywheres close to 45 hands per hour with an auto-shuffler. My guess is it's closer to 30/22.

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect at least 40 per hour, unless its a very slow table or one with constant rebuying (which tends to make up for the slowness in EV).

KenProspero 11-08-2007 05:31 PM

My estimate was based on 10 person SnGs with 15 minute rounds, where I often see an entire orbit get through before the blinds go up. (shuffler)

However, I haven't really counted at rings.

AngusThermopyle 11-08-2007 05:34 PM

Limit (3/6 or 6/12)
San Jose, Ca .. Garden City & Bay101
Shufflers
~42 hands
Before shufflers
~36 hands

SenatorKevin 11-08-2007 05:37 PM

It makes a huge difference if its limit or no-limit. Limit will go quickly because there's no huge decisions to make per say. People talk about 40 hands an hour, but I've never seen anything close to that in NLHE.

RobTheDuck 11-08-2007 07:00 PM

If you have the really old lady at Showboat you can expect a maximum of 9.

Photoc 11-08-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not close. I have worked with shufflers and without in the same room. I have gone through and counted for about a week how many hands I was getting. Averaged 38 hands without and 40 with. It's not this big mystical number in difference that everyone seems to think. A better dealer really doesnt' need a shuffler. The slower ones will see more of a difference than the faster ones.

pfapfap 11-08-2007 07:41 PM

Yeah, I haven't noticed much difference for me when I don't have a shuffler. Speed comes from getting the cards out and running the game smoothly.

I generally do 18-20 hands a down (35-40/hr) of LHE, depending on the table. If I'm doing 15, it's either a really juicy game or there are problem players. Short-handed mid-limits I can usually pull of 30, but that's because the players are all working with me.

RR 11-08-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not close. I have worked with shufflers and without in the same room. I have gone through and counted for about a week how many hands I was getting. Averaged 38 hands without and 40 with. It's not this big mystical number in difference that everyone seems to think. A better dealer really doesnt' need a shuffler. The slower ones will see more of a difference than the faster ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the real difference comes from wear on the dealer. When I was dealing I could deal a lot longer with a machine. Without a machine I couldn't feel my fingers by the end of a shift.