Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL Good draw on flop, villain is all-in on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376733)

Javanewt 04-12-2007 08:56 AM

25NL Good draw on flop, villain is all-in on turn

Hand #40568176-30927 at Skillman (No Limit Hold'em)
(Sorry about the conversion -- I did it by hand.)

.10/.25 blinds

Javanewt is button with $46.92.
UTG + 1 is at seat 6 with $16.65.
MP1 is at seat 7 with $11.80.

sb posts the small blind of $.10.
bb posts the big blind of $.25.

Javanewt: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:
1 fold. UTG + 1 calls. MP1
raises to $.75. 3 folds. Javanewt (button) calls. 2 folds. UTG + 1 calls.

Flop (board: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]): (Pot $2.60)

UTG + 1 checks. MP1 bets $2. Javanewt
calls. UTG + 1 calls.

Should I have raised? They often folded to my raises, but I have one behind me. I thought a free card might be nice here, especially if UTG + 1 calls.

Turn (board: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]): (Pot $8.60)

UTG + 1 checks. MP1 goes all-in for $9.05.

I haven’t noticed this player doing anything out of the ordinary, but I have been bullying the table a little. Raising a lot preflop, c-betting and in general betting into anyone I thought was weak or might fold — most of them did. I still have UTG + 1 behind me who I think is drawing or has a weak A. And MP1 is a short-stacker, so he doesn’t have much choice. Is this just a simple fold or should I call against a short-stacker?

MelchyBeau 04-12-2007 12:30 PM

Re: 25NL Good draw on flop, villain is all-in on turn

if he has a made hand (A with better kicker 2 pair or better) you at best are drawing to 3 jacks + 9 spades. Even when you play a LAG style remember the rocks are still going to be rocks, they will just wait for a monster to play back at you.

If this is truley a 3 handed table I might actually call here, If you just edited out the other players who weren't in the hand, I would lean towards a fold. I wouldn't expect UTG+1 to overcall unless he has some sort of huge hand, so you can't expect his stack

dotbum 04-12-2007 12:45 PM

You're probably not getting the odds on the turn, but I would have raised the flop big. It's a big draw with 12 outs vs his range on the turn but probably 15 to most of his c-bet range, once you call the turn the hand loses half its value. And I still feel you have plenty of FE, if they've let you bully them, they'll probably keep finding reasons to fold to you, until you start calling all-in raises preflop with 63s or the beer hand. That's my experience at this level, anyway.

BigBiceps 04-12-2007 12:59 PM

I play this hand differently.

1) I would have folded preflop.
2) However, as played I raise allin on the flop here.

Now, you have a tough decision. I call this turn, but it is probably -EV.

Bianculli 04-12-2007 01:09 PM

I agree with raising this flop. What kind of hands were you getting when you bullied them if you just call on this flop?

As played with no reads on villain, I call.

Javanewt 04-12-2007 01:54 PM

Sorry, it was a full table.

They seemed to be raising very light, which is why I called. If they raised then checked and I bet, they'd fold. If they c-bet and I called, then I bet the turn, they'd fold. Pretty amazing. I'm rarely the "bully" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had shown down a few good hands, and I think they thought if I bet, I had it (definitely not true). I must have had some poker dust sprinkled on me, because I was reading betting patterns well, which I'm usually not good at or am too nitty/scared to trust my read.

You are right: I should have pushed the flop. I wanted UTG + 1 in there too, though. I should have been happy to take it down then instead of getting greedy.

futuredoc85 04-12-2007 01:56 PM

if you call pf you need to raise and get as much in on the flop as possible. fold the turn as played