Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   A weird hand with a maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479503)

2Paul2 08-17-2007 08:25 AM

Re: A weird hand with a maniac

I think his range is pretty massive here so seems like an easy bet.

Pf I'd rather fold than limp rr but i'd prolly just raise and deal w/ a squeeze if it happened. I dont think these guys squeeze that much anyway. Most of their high pfr % tends to come form opening pots.

Paul

Melchiades 08-17-2007 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dear god what does a lrr accomplish vs that guy? did u honestly think he would fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont he LRR to make him fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he did. And that is kind of mindboggling. Once the drooler found a hand he called the first raise with, he is calling the second raise 80% of the time. Hate preflop.

Whats so bad about just calling preflop and playing a hand with good implied odds deep vs PoorUser and the drooler. PoorUser will play honest since the drooler is in there. Check folding a lot of flops is not a disaster if you can win a big one every once in a while.

If you flop top pair you can lead into PoorUser, he is unlikely to raise without having you beat since the drooler is in the pot.

duh 08-17-2007 08:34 AM

LRR for value is sexy. Valuebet this flop.

LRR to make him fold a better hand is spewtastically retarded.

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:39 AM

ur value playing vs 70/40s with WTSD of 40 doesnt come from extracting the maximum of ur 5% preflop equity edges. wtf?

2Paul2 08-17-2007 08:44 AM

You guys rly like bloating the pot oop deep v a maniac w/ A8. I think any small pre flop equity edge is countered by the headaches this guy will give you post.

Morrek 08-17-2007 08:47 AM

preflop is terrible. postflop I'd just check it down because he's not folding better

BigCityBanker 08-17-2007 08:49 AM

playing this pre is a spew - just fold this junk utg.

as played I bet 440 and obv fold to resistance.

Melchiades 08-17-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ur value playing vs 70/40s with WTSD of 40 doesnt come from extracting the maximum of ur 5% preflop equity edges. wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 09:33 AM

He has basically a random hand. a)he does fold 30% of the time - maybe when he has to put 25bb in with cheese is one of those times? b)his range is mostly crap preflop and will be mostly crap on the flop. I bet 400 and he instamucked. I did LRR after all! Even this dude is not going to need two barrels to get off bottom pair, right?

Well, that's what I thought at the time, but a small part of me WAS afraid that he was either going to c/r or c/c with a slightly better (or maybe even c/r a worse) hand. You guys think this whole thing is retarded, though? Just limp/call and check/fold?

jlocdog 08-17-2007 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so your line is to limp/call UTG against a TAG preflop raiser and then to c/f the flop? how can that line possibly be good...

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case vs. this specific opponent, with another player still in.....yes. You're calling the raise in an attempt to get his stack, not win a small pot. Big deal if you miss the flop and have to fold. Deal with it I guess. Luego continues to make the point in your threads to stop trying to win every pot. Take that to heart.