Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   iPod Stolen by Cleaning Crew - My Play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534027)

pirateboy 10-29-2007 05:21 PM

iPod Stolen by Cleaning Crew - My Play?

This weekend I realized I couldn't find my new iPod that I got as a gift. I tore my apartment to shreds looking for it, as well as my car - nothing. At work, I have a little speaker set that I hook the iPod up to, so it being at work is a very very likely option. I hide my iPod anytime I leave it here, but I've never left it overnight.

Well, this morning I get to work and my iPod speaker set is not in the same place, and there is no iPod in my cubicle. I talk to some other workers in the office, and they've been missing things, too.

We've e-mailed our boss who works 2 hours away. However, my plan is to come to the office tonight and again on Thursday night (they have 2 different crews) and catch one of them with my iPod.

My iPod has my info engraved in the back, so proof it's mine isn't a problem.

Is there a bad part of that plan I'm missing? Any other ideas as to what I should do? This iPod means a lot to me, and it's obv expensive.

So, do I show up at 11 tonight after our evening news, and catch one of these thieves with my iPod and just take it back?

dibbs 10-29-2007 05:24 PM

Re: iPod Stolen by Cleaning Crew - My Play?

I know people are really stupid but I think the chance the guy brings the iPod back and rocks out with it where he stole it from is pretty unlikely.

pirateboy 10-29-2007 05:25 PM

I would agree with you, but they are literally alone every single night, plus - cleaning crew!

bobman0330 10-29-2007 05:25 PM

This is 100% full-proof. Unless you get in a fight with some guy and it turns out he doesn't have your ipod. Then you probably get fired or go to prison or something. But it's full-proof from the standpoint of OOT.

Happy hunting.

skunkworks 10-29-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is 100% full-proof. Unless you get in a fight with some guy and it turns out he doesn't have your ipod. Then you probably get fired or go to prison or something. But it's full-proof from the standpoint of OOT.

Happy hunting.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol bicycles biatch?

XXXNoahXXX 10-29-2007 05:50 PM

bring camera with you and take pics for trip report.

daryn 10-29-2007 05:55 PM

i suggest a sting operation

ZOMG_RIGGED! 10-29-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
full-proof

[/ QUOTE ]

or did you mean fool-proof?

Kimbell175113 10-29-2007 05:57 PM

Yeah, it has to be something more elaborate and more vengeful than just waiting to catch one guy with one thing and telling him to give it back.

Kimbell175113 10-29-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
full-proof

[/ QUOTE ]

or did you mean fool-proof?

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you should start a pole