Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   need a plan vs a 2+2er (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556991)

Noam Chomsky 12-01-2007 03:02 PM

Re: need a plan vs a 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can't be bluffing if no better hand ever folds which is most definitely the case here. just because a limited number of worse hands calls doesn't mean it's not for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

and just because no better hand every folds doesn't make it NOT a bluff.

IE: you shoved on the river with air putting villain on small pocket pair.. He's a donk and called you. That'd be a bluff even though donk was never folding any part of his range that got there on the river, say, on a KKKAQ board.

[/ QUOTE ]

a small pair beats air on that board. you're hoping to fold out better.

rakes.a.beach 12-02-2007 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can't be bluffing if no better hand ever folds which is most definitely the case here. just because a limited number of worse hands calls doesn't mean it's not for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

IE: you shoved on the river with air putting villain on small pocket pair.. He's a donk and called you. That'd be a bluff even though donk was never folding any part of his range that got there on the river, say, on a KKKAQ board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you defined bluff as folding better hands, so I gave you an example that a bluff never folds a better hand.

Noam Chomsky 12-02-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you defined bluff as folding better hands, so I gave you an example that a bluff never folds a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you didn't. you gave me an example of trying to bluff the wrong opponent. Surely the vast majority of people you face will fold the small pair there.

rakes.a.beach 12-02-2007 02:34 AM

regardless of villain's action, hero is making a bluff.

BGnight 12-02-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the real question in this hand is the river. I called the turn, another 9 hit the river, and you shoved. I think this is a fairly easy c/f against not just me, but anybody with a brain really. What do you expect to get value from? I dunno, with my hand the turn was exactly a call, but I did put you squarely on JJ without much thought. I/anybody could have soo many boats though on that river, given my line. Like I think it's fair to say I could have every possibly boat combo on that river. A shove gets value from one hand (exactly my hand, like exactly) if the villain is dumb (but I ain't dumb yo).

<font color="white">I had 76cc if you haven't guessed already.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did he bet on turn that would allow him to c/fold river? I just don't see what he could bet that would not commit him to river no matter what. To say river is an easy c/fold is kinda silly. c/call yes, but he can never fold river if he bets turn.

Noam Chomsky 12-02-2007 02:55 AM

ya, that's what I said, your hand is a bluff 100%. Your only hoping to fold out better.