Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Modeling my skirt for Fianchetto (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=123152)

haakee 05-26-2006 02:24 PM

Modeling my skirt for Fianchetto

100-200 live game. Not a great lineup, save for one superLAG who's been playing tight preflop. He has a short stack and is across the table from me. One other guy is mediocre and 2 seats to my left so I'm thinking about picking up soon. 10-handed. Tough player limps UTG+1. Tight, readable player limps UTG+2. I limp in EMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and everybody but one of the LP players comes along. Fianchetto is in the BB and checks.

8 to the flop of A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I bet. Mediocre guy and superLAG behind me call and Fianchetto calls.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Fianchetto bets out and I fold. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Keepitsimple 05-26-2006 03:03 PM

Re: Modeling my skirt for Fianchetto

I would probably pop it up preflop here. How many folded to his bet? If everybody folded up to you I like a raise/fold line and a check behind on the river.

El Diablo 05-26-2006 03:03 PM

haak,

I like it.

El Diablo 05-26-2006 03:05 PM

KIS,

I read it as, fian bets into him, action is to haak w/ two flop callers behind him.

Didn't notice pre-flop. Yeah, I probably would have raised pre-flop too, but don't hate the limp.

glen 05-26-2006 03:05 PM

I agree el D. . .

haakee 05-26-2006 03:09 PM

I usually raise here, but decided to limp behind since the UTG+1 limper could have a monster and he plays very well postflop.

haakee 05-26-2006 03:10 PM

Both of the other players were still yet to act behind me on the turn.

Keepitsimple 05-26-2006 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KIS,

I read it as, fian bets into him, action is to haak w/ two flop callers behind him.

Didn't notice pre-flop. Yeah, I probably would have raised pre-flop too, but don't hate the limp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I misread the action. Good fold.

J.A.Sucker 05-26-2006 04:17 PM

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like it.

Calling is what I'd do, though maybe I'd raise.

glen 05-26-2006 06:32 PM

ja, this is like old-school yet still relevant sklansky. I know Fianchetto plays good, but still. . . haakee bet the flop, which had 2 clubs, which could be a limping hand behind two limpers. F. may assume haakee doesn't have an ace, and rightly so since it is a rare limp for him, but still it's not a good spot to try to represent a 7 with the flush coming and all, so i think he has a flush or really has the 7 and haakee is drawing virtually dead. . .