Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Donīt care much for donk bets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543820)

Apanage 11-11-2007 07:25 PM

Donīt care much for donk bets

Villain is 27/16/1.17

Only previous note is that he check/called down Q4 from BB against my button raise on board
7C,9D,4H,KS,3D

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $62.30
CO: $303.80
Hero: $178.50
SB: $83.40
BB: $334.00

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero raises.

NinaWilliams 11-11-2007 07:27 PM

Re: Donīt care much for donk bets

Looks good. What are you doing vs 3?

Apanage 11-11-2007 07:28 PM

Call I suppose.Because he is pretty unknown.

RazzFazz 11-11-2007 08:40 PM

Apanage - I suppose this was a hand vs me...the Q4 calldown was like 10 hands later...you could have had a note that I check raised A4 on 974 kind of flop...I obviously thought u were just two barreling, maybe betting a weak ace, so I just wanted to prevent a check behind on the river with hands like QQ, JJ, JT, QT, and such stuff...dont know if I should have been going for the checkraise on the river with my KT?

londomollari 11-11-2007 08:58 PM

Standard raise for me here. This is usually a hand that just improved to kings up or some sort of weak Ace that was playing WA/WB who decided to donk the river.

thrasher789 11-12-2007 01:28 PM

I would probably call here, I can't really think of why he would donk here unless he thought you were bluffing turn and thought he'd put you off some weird hand by donking river? It sucks when you lose value if you are ahead BUT you get the same amount of money in this spot if he check calls as if he bets and you call but on the flipside you lost money when you are behind. Lately I've been thinking about a line just like this one where you purposely donk the river hoping someone considers it a bluff and raises so you can 3-bet, but I doubt this villain is thinking this way. I'd just call.

mattnxtc 11-12-2007 01:32 PM

But you make more money if he b/c with kings up.

Against a button raiser, he makes this play with all sorts of hands and if he isnt controlled enough to dump ax or kx then you make more money.

Apanage 11-12-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apanage - I suppose this was a hand vs me...the Q4 calldown was like 10 hands later...you could have had a note that I check raised A4 on 974 kind of flop...I obviously thought u were just two barreling, maybe betting a weak ace, so I just wanted to prevent a check behind on the river with hands like QQ, JJ, JT, QT, and such stuff...dont know if I should have been going for the checkraise on the river with my KT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah and as you remember I didnīt raise that river I just called.It is funny.I put you on exactly KT and I still didnīt raise river which bothered me hence the post.
I have a panic fear of getting owned on river.But as I see it you canīt have any hand that beats me at this point and IMO it was a really bad decision not to raise.Just wanted to check up if others thought so too.
I would have gone for a river checkraise with KT if I were you and that was one of the reasons I didnīt raise.
My hand read didnīt match with your river action which kind of puzzled me.

"The K obviously improved his hand but why is he betting."

mattnxtc 11-12-2007 02:07 PM

Do you have a history of checking rivers behind with marginal hands? That could be his motivation to bet into you.

Apanage 11-12-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a history of checking rivers behind with marginal hands? That could be his motivation to bet into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didnīt have much history.But yes against good players I tend to check this behind with a hand less than a pair of aces.But I could easily also check turn behind with a made hand less than a pair of aces.