Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Any updates on Tommy Angelo's book? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521159)

steamboatin 10-11-2007 10:40 PM

Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

I haven't heard it discssed recently and was just wondering if it should be my next purchase.

scorer 10-11-2007 10:46 PM

Re: Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

i emailed tommy and he said the end of november

Professionalpoker 10-11-2007 11:52 PM

I am also in contact with Tommy. Should be getting cover art and descriptive text in the next week or two. Once I am assured we are under 30 days from arrival it will go up for pre-release ordering.

Mike

phydaux 10-12-2007 12:15 AM

Last I heard Tommy was trying to keep this book in limited quantity. Is this still true?

JackCase 10-12-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard it discssed recently and was just wondering if it should be my next purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just heard that he had decided to have it printed in the UK, and as a result it won't reach the US market for at least another 6 to 9 months.

scorer 10-12-2007 02:49 AM

i emailed tommy today and he said november, strange

Professionalpoker 10-12-2007 05:15 AM

He was joking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

steamboatin 10-12-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just heard that he had decided to have it printed in the UK, and as a result it won't reach the US market for at least another 6 to 9 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine as long as he isn't stupid enough to come in here and say the reason we have to wait so long is because he saved money.

fraac 10-12-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine as long as he isn't stupid enough to come in here and say the reason we have to wait so long is because he saved money.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that was the reason, would you rather he lied?

steamboatin 10-12-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If that was the reason, would you rather he lied?

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, but it ain't lying it is witholding information that the buyer doesn't really need. This was clearly a situation that required them to be, what I refer to as "suitably vauge". "Unavoidable delays" or "Circumstances caused a delay" would have been plenty of information and wouldn't have bothered me at all.